- Upload and insert a range of common media files including Adobe® Flash®, Apple Quicktime®, Windows Media Player® and HTML 5 Video and Audio.
- Easily insert Youtube and Vimeo videos - just paste in the URL and Insert!
- Insert HTML5 Video and Audio with multiple source options
- Create links to images, documents, media and other common file types
- Include a file type icon, file size and modified date
- Insert as a link or embed the document with an iframe
- Create downloadable files using the download attribute.
- Insert pre-defined template content form html or text files
- Create template snippet files from whole articles or selected content
- Configure the Template Manager to set the startup content of new articles
- Source Code Editing with syntax highlighting, tag matching and tag closing.
- Search & Replace, with regular expressions too!
Monitored Support Forum
Get answers to problems, advice and tips and tricks on using JCE.
During our support hours - Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 18:00 GMT - we will make every effort to reply questions within 24 to 48 hours or sooner if possible.
Receive notifications of updates, new features and tips & tricks in an occassional newsletter. You can cancel the newsletter at any time in Your Account.
What does a subscription cost?
Subscriptions start at €291 (EUR), with renewals starting at €231 (EUR), offering different periods of access depending on the plans available and the plan purchased. Once the purchase is completed your subscription will be automatically activated and you can download JCE Editor Pro right away!
Links to all available downloads and other benefits will be listed in the Your Subscriptions section of Your Account page.
How long does a subscription last?
A subscription lasts for 12 months and can be renewed for a further 12 months once it has expired.
Do subscriptions auto-renew?
No, once a subscription has expired you must purchase a renewal. You will be notified of the expiration 30 days before it is due to expire.
Are there any licence restrictions? What if I want to use these plugins on multiple sites, do I need multiple subscriptions?
No, there are no licence restrictions, except those imposed by the GNU/GPL 2 licence. A subscription is not a licence purchase either, so you are free to use the plugins on as many Joomla! sites and on as many domains as you choose.
What happens when my subscription expires? Can I still use JCE Pro?
When your subscription expires, you lose access to the sections of the website restricted to subscribers only, such as the downloads section that contains JCE Pro. You can still use the version you have downloaded and installed for an indefinite period, but you will need to renew your subscription to download a new version of JCE Pro and get updates.
Can a subscription be transferred to a friend/client after purchase?
Subscriptions are linked to the account the user was logged in with when purchasing the subscription and are not transferable.
Can I get a refund if I'm not happy?
All sales are final and refunds will not be given. Activation of a subscription completes the subscription purchase and constitutes delivery.
As the JCE Editor Core is a free download, you are encouraged to download and install it to test its suitability for your purposes before purchasing a subscription. A Demo Site is available to for testing and evaluating the front-end features of JCE Editor Pro.
A subscription purchase is not a purchase of an individual plugin or set of plugins but access to certain sections of this website including file downloads, therefore refunds will only be granted If issues with the available extensions that results in the inability to use the extension or a feature of the extension cannot be resolved with direct or indirect support (forum posts, e-mail2, available documentation and other support articles) or incidental patches and official updates to the plugins or core extensions, and where such issues are not the result of incorrect use by the user, a server or Joomla! configuration or conflict with a 3rd party extension.
1. Price excludes VAT. VAT may be charged on EU orders in accordance with European Directive 2008/8/EU
2. Support by e-mail is by invitation only and is not offered as part of the standard subscription benefits.
Terms and Conditions
The Subsciprition Terms and Conditions are available to view here.
Please note that JCE Editor 1.x and JCE 2.5.x and their plugins are now Legacy extensions and are no longer being actively developed or included as part of your subscription benefits.