We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including your name, company name, personal and business address and contact numbers but excluding any financial information such as credit card numbers.)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your name, username and e-mail address)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name, username and e-mail address)
- any other information that you choose to send to us
2. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect anonymized data about visitors to this site. We use this data to improve visitor experience, and to help us make the site better and attract more visitors. Google Analytics records:
- The website the visitor came from to get to this site.
- The kind of computer they are using (Windows, Mac, etc. as well as information like screen resolution, web browser etc.)
- The vistors general location (eg: London, United Kingdom)
- Where the visitor clicked on the site and how long they stayed for.
In using Google Analytics, we are bound by Google Analytics Terms of Service
We use Cloudflare to help us optimize and protect this site. Cloudflare may place a cookie in your browser to help it provide its services. You can read more about this here - Cloudflare Privacy & Security Policy
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit, eg: if you have checked the Remember Me box when logging in.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
The following cookies may be set on visiting this site :
- As a guest or when you logout a blank "session" cookie wil be set by the Content Management System that runs the site. This cookie contains no information about you or your browser. This cookie is removed when you close your browser.
- When you login a "session" cookie is set to record your login session. This cookie is removed when you logout or close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
5. Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
7. International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication (including your name, username, e-mail address, website address but excluding any information you make available for the purposes of facilitating a transaction) on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
8. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
9. Policy amendments
10. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
11. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
12. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Widget Factory Limited
77/91 New Oxford Street
14. Data controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Widget Factory Limited
Our data protection registration number is PZ2562553