- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users.
- This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
- In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" refer to Widget Factory Limited
What information do we collect?
We collect the minimum amount of information we need from you to provide our products and services. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including your name, company name, personal or business address and contact numbers but excluding any financial information such as credit card numbers.)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including your chosen username and your e-mail address)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, including product subscriptions and email newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us, either by directly by email, using our Contact forms, or posting in the Support Forum
We use Google Analytics to collect anonymized data about visitors to this site. We use this data to improve visitor experience, and to help us make the site better and attract more visitors. Google Analytics records:
- The website the visitor came from to get to this site.
- The kind of computer they are using (Windows, Mac, etc. as well as information like screen resolution, web browser etc.)
- The vistors general location (eg: London, United Kingdom)
- Where the visitor clicked on the site and how long they stayed for.
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set to prevent your data from being collected on future visits to this site: Disable Google Analytics.
Alternatively you can use a browser plugin to opt out of all Google Analytics tracking software.
In using Google Analytics, we are bound by the Google Analytics Terms of Service
Site optimization and Security
We use Cloudflare to help us optimize and protect this site. Cloudflare may place a cookie in your browser to provide its services. You can read more about this here - Cloudflare Privacy & Security Policy
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
The following cookies may be set on visiting this site :
- As a guest or when you logout a blank "session" cookie wil be set by the Content Management System that runs the site. This cookie contains no information about you or your browser. This cookie is removed when you close your browser.
- When you login a "session" cookie is set to record your login session. This cookie is removed when you logout or close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will share information with Paddle only to the extent necessary for the purposes of facilitating the purchase and dealing with complaints and queries relating to the purchase.
Retaining and deleting personal information
Personal information that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
We may retain your personal information where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
When you purchase a product from us, we will use your IP address to determine whether you are located in a country in the European Union, and if so, which VAT rate should be applied to the purchase price of the product.
If you purchase as a business located in the European Union and you provide us with a VAT number, we will validate the VAT number using the EU VIES system to determine whether you should be charged VAT in accordance with European Directive 2008/8/EC
Providing your personal information to others
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International transfers of your personal information
We try to store and process all our data, including your personal information, using service providers and servers located in the European Economic Area, but occassionally it is necessary to transfer some of this information to service providers in the United States, when sending you emails using Mailchimp for example, or processing a subscription payment with Paypal or Stripe. These service providers are all GDPR compliant, and are EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework certified. Service providers we use, who may receive your information in the United States include:
- Mailchimp - https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
- Paypal - https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Stripe - https://stripe.com/privacy
- Cloudflare - https://www.cloudflare.com/security-policy
Other information you submit to this website, such as when posting on the Support Forum, will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
By using this website and the products and services we provider, you expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
We will store all your personal data on secure servers, personal computers and mobile devices, and in secure manual record-keeping systems.
The password you use to login to this website and the billing address you provide when purchasing a product from us are stored using strong encryption.
You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You should ensure that your password is not susceptible to being guessed, whether by a person or a computer program. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential and we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
Personal information of children
Our website and services are targeted at persons over the age of 13. By using this site, you agree that you are at least 13 years old.
If we have reason to believe that we hold personal information of a person under that age in our databases, we will delete that personal information.
You have the right to request access to your personal information, or to have it amended or deleted. To do so, please contact us with your request by email using our Contact Form, or using the contact information listed below.
Please note that our legal obligations may restrict which parts of your personal information we are able to amend or delete.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
Widget Factory Limited
77/91 New Oxford Street
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Widget Factory Limited
Data Protection Registration
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office
Our data protection registration number is PZ256255