Widget Factory Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users (“you”).
For the purposes of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, (“GDPR”), the Data Protection Act 2018 and any applicable national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation relating to the processing of personal data (together “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is Widget Factory Limited.
Data Protection Registration
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office
Our data protection registration number is PZ256255.
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and use the personal data described below in order to provide you with access to our Site and Services in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use personal data:
- For our legitimate business needs.
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
To the extent we process your personal data for any other purposes, we ask for your consent in advance or require that our partners obtain such consent.
What information do we collect from you?
We collect the minimum amount of information we need from you to provide our Services. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information.
Information you give us
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us - your name, the username for your account, and your e-mail address.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, including product subscriptions and email newsletters. This is usually the same information as supplied during account registration.
- any other information that you choose to send to us, either by directly by email, using our Contact forms, or posting in the Support Forum
Information collected by third parties
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Google Analytics: To collect anonymized data about visitors to our Site. We use this data to improve visitor experience, and to help us make the site better and attract more visitors. In using Google Analytics, we are bound by the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
Cloudflare: For site optimization and security. Cloudflare Privacy & Security Policy.
Mailjet: To send you emails and our electronic newsletter. https://www.mailjet.com/security-privacy/
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
The following cookies may be set on visiting this site :
- As a guest or when you logout a blank "session" cookie wil be set by the Content Management System that runs the site. This cookie contains no information about you or your browser. This cookie is removed when you close your browser.
- When you login a "session" cookie is set to record your login session. This cookie is removed when you logout or close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will share information with Paddle only to the extent necessary for the purposes of facilitating the purchase and dealing with complaints and queries relating to the purchase.
Retaining and deleting personal information
Personal information that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
We may retain your personal information where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
When you purchase a product from us, we use a service provided by our reseller Paddle to display the purchase price in your currency (where available). This service may use your IP address to determine your location. We do not store or use this data for any other purpose.
Providing your personal information to others
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International transfers of your personal information
We try to store and process all our data, including your personal information, using service providers and servers located in the European Economic Area, but occassionally it is necessary to transfer some of this information to service providers in the United States. Service providers we use, who may receive your information in the United States include:
- Cloudflare - https://www.cloudflare.com/security-policy
- Mailjet - https://www.mailjet.com/security-privacy
Other information you submit to this website, such as when posting on the Support Forum, will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
By using this website and the products and services we provider, you expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
We will store all your personal data on secure servers, personal computers and mobile devices, and in secure manual record-keeping systems.
The password you use to login to this website and the billing address you provide when purchasing a product from us are stored using strong encryption.
You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You should ensure that your password is not susceptible to being guessed, whether by a person or a computer program. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential and we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
Personal information of children
The Site and Services are targeted at persons over the age of 16. By using this site, you agree that you are at least 16 years old. The Site and the Services shall not be used by anyone under the age of 16.
If you have reason to believe that we hold personal information of a person under that age in our databases, please Contact Us so we can delete that personal information.
You have the right under Data Protection Law, free of charge, to request:
- access to your personal data.
- rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- a restriction on the processing of your personal data.
- object to the processing of your personal data.
- a transfer of your personal data (data portability) in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format.
- withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data, at any time.
You can make a request in relation to any of the above rights by contacting us, or our EU representative in your country, using the details below.
12-16 Addiscombe Road
Third party websites
Our Site and Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Widget Factory Limited
12-16 Addiscombe Road