You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116541 Internal link and SEF Url

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 28 March 2024 15:01 GMT

ant
Hi Ryan
In one article I added the link to another article on the same site, using the "Search" function I got "index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=244:nicola-lagioia&catid=8:interviews&Itemid=121".
I thought that then, in frontend, it would be converted to the SEF url of the article (https://www.awand.org/interviste/nicola-lagioia) instead it stays as it is. Is it normal for it to work this way?

I checked old articles where I inserted internal link in the same way and they are SEF in frontend. what am I doing wrong?
In the JCE configuration I selected "Relative."

Ryan
If you create the link using the Article button below the editor, does the link display as a SEF Url in the front-end?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ant
What do you mean with "Article button below the editor"?
I used the "Content" menu in Link popup

Anyway, all the links now are SEF... And I don't understand what has changed from a few minutes ago.

Attachments

Ryan
What do you mean with "Article button below the editor"?

I'm referring to the big blue Joomla editor-xtd buttons below the editor. Testing this with the Joomla Article button will allow us to see if the issue is with the link generated by JCE or something in the front-end.

Anyway, all the links now are SEF... And I don't understand what has changed from a few minutes ago.

Good to hear.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.