You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116523 Changing The JCE CSS/Template for a specific field in a custom component.

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by neo314 on Monday, 25 March 2024 17:16 GMT

neo314
I have a custom component of which, one function is to send out messages to select users. I want JCE to use the site template in the editor virtually everywhere but in the Joomla standard editor field for my email form. Is there any way to configure a single form field (type="editor") to use JCE without reference to any external CSS/Template so the HTML in the email is self-contained and not dependent on Bootstrap or on an external CSS file?

I have read some simply force the tinymce editor for this which may be my work around.

Ryan
JCE can be configured to load a profile based on a partocular environment - device, component, user, usergroup - but only one can profile can be active per page. You can't have 2 or more editors on the same page with different profiles.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

neo314
But no way to do it by a specific view within the component, nor a way to force a profile in the standard Joomla form field of type editor, correct?

Ryan
No currently, but I am working on a new "Custom" option for the Profile Setup section so that you can specify an number of custom query variables to restrict the profile to, eg: option, view, layout etc.

Expect it in the next update in a few weeks.

I will let you know when a beta is available or you can subscribe for development release announcements here - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
JCE Pro 2.9.64 beta includes a new Custom Query option to restrict a profile based on query values passed in the active component. For example, you can assign a profile based ona particular article id, component view etc.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/116523-changing-the-jce-css-template-for-a-specific-field-in-a-custom-component.jpg

Download here - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

neo314
That sounds like what I was looking for. I solved my issue by using tinymce for this one editor. This is a new system and our business is seasonal and about to start. I'll be able to test it in a few months.

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to specify it in the editor parameter of the editor field type.

editor specifies the editor to be used and can include two options. (editor="desired|alternative")

Ryan
I was thinking it would be nice to be able to specify it in the editor parameter of the editor field type.

That is a Joomla API field so not under the control of JCE.

Ryan Demmer

neo314
Yes. I was not sure if it could be used/repurposed for this like making the alternative editor the profile to use or something.