You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116493 Cannot add columns only rows added

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by gregw on Tuesday, 19 March 2024 15:30 GMT

gregw
I am running JCE Pro 2.9.63 and have a problem with the Template feature. The columns add function only adds rows and will not create a multi column row (Layout has no effect). When I open old article in edit, the format is changed to eliminate the columns. Seems like layout has not effect on the format. This worked in previous versions.

Site is running Joomla 4.4.2, PHP 8.2

Ryan
Please post a screenshot or a link to an example.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

gregw
Ryan:

I have attached screen shots of a test article;

Options selected on creation (JCE_Col_Add_Options.jpg), Article editor screen (Article_with_columns.jpg), Article Code (Article_code.jpg), Add Column Result screen (Add_column_result.jpg) , Add column code (Add_column_result_code.jpg).

I created a new article and selected the "Create Columns" icon (options, result and code screen shots). This resulted in two rows not two columns on the Layout was not implemented. Next I selected the "Add Column" icon resulting an additional row and increasing the size of the second "Div" box (Screen shots are (Add_column_result and Add_column_result_code).

This worked in previous versions when I used it about 2 months ago.

Attachments

gregw
Strange behavior, the article columns do display correctly in the site front end?

Here is a link to the article on the site sftarc.org: https://sftarc.org/index.php/test-article-column-add

The editor display and preview are not the same as the site front end display? Screen shot of Editor Preview screen added.

Attachments

Ryan
The Stack Width - the width below which columns will stack vertically - you have selected is for a greater width than the editor displays, so the columns stack in the editor. On your live site, where the page is bigger, the columns display horizontally.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

gregw
OK, that makes sense. Guess I missed that setting before. I medium the default? Looks like the best option is to use Small so that an IPhone or small screen device can display without much stacking.

Thanks for the assistance.