You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116436 Jommla Custom field MEdia JCE not showing any folders when switching the profile

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Picannick on Wednesday, 13 March 2024 17:20 GMT

Picannick
Hi there,

I have two custom fields that are attached to an article category, one for PDF (multiple subform) and one for ZIP. With the admin JCE profile everything works as expected. But when I change the profile (to test how it is working for our client) then there are no files shown.

And even worse, everytime I try to select a file, there is a folder created beneath images which is called stories and in this folder there is another one called files. But I have changed the default folder in the profile to "images" and in the field there are no more folder restrictions as I have removed them to test if that was the problem.

I have had a look at the profile setting and changed the default so it has nearly the same settings than the admin profile. Only some differences because of security, but none of these settings shall have something to do with the problem.

I've already deleted the normal cache but maybe the JCE profiles get cached somewhere else. Does someone have an idea where I can have a look?
The user can access the media in the backend as expectet, so that should not be the problem.

Kind regards
Tanja Vogt
Webman Webdesign

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
And even worse, everytime I try to select a file, there is a folder created beneath images which is called stories and in this folder there is another one called files. But I have changed the default folder in the profile to "images" and in the field there are no more folder restrictions as I have removed them to test if that was the problem.

The Media Fields use the parameters of the File Browser (Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> File Browser), so in your "Default" profile you have the File Directory Path value set to "images/stories" which is why you are seeing the empty folder - images/stories is empty.

I have removed that value on your site, so the default "images" folder should now be used.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Picannick
Hi Ryan,

thank you very much. So there was a setting I missed.

Kind regards
Tanja