You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115897 Update JCE Editor Pro 2.9.60 breaks Yootheme Pro builder

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Sunday, 21 January 2024 11:19 GMT

koppie
Hello, after updating JCE editor Pro from 2.9.58 to 2.9.60 the default editor visible in my Yootheme Pro environment is not visible anymore
See attached images.
On '01 - Yootheme Pro-editor visible.jpg' the wanted situation
On '02 - Yootheme Pro-editor not visible.jpg' the situation after updating JCE Editor to version 2.9.60

Version 2.9.58 is working fine
Older version and newer version of Yootheme Pro doesn't matter. It occurs only after updating to version 2.9.60 of JCE Editor Pro

When removing JCE Editor Pro completely. the default editor of Yootheme Pro becomes visible again.

Attachments

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.61 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Clear your browser cache after install.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

channingb
Hello:

We also noticed that the editor disappeared in the Article manager. Have updated with the beta version referenced. One thing noted: we had to reset JCE as default editor in global config. However, TinyMCE would show up in Articles. We set each user to JCE and that worked. We understand this is beta, and will continue to test and send any info we receive.

Thanks Ryan for your great work.

Channing

channingb
Just a follow up on this issue and how I mentioned we could not make JCE the default editor in Global Config. Each time I set it JCE as default, it saves to TinyMCE.

Channing

Ryan
[quotePost id="115900"]Just a follow up on this issue and how I mentioned we could not make JCE the default editor in Global Config. Each time I set it JCE as default, it saves to TinyMCE.

Channing[/quotePost]

The Editor option for each user should be set to "Use Default" so that each user is assigned the editor option set in the Global Configuration.

This is not related to the Yootheme Pro issues the original poster has reported, which are fixed in JCE Pro 2.9.61 Beta.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.