You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115865 JCE 2.9.60 blocks other extensions

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Saturday, 20 January 2024 16:18 GMT

kuk
Since today's update to JCE version 2.9.60, all my Regular Labs extensions no longer work when editing an article.
More precisely: No button entries can be made. The dialog window of an extension opens, but the entries are not accepted, i.e. not inserted into the article.
With other Editors (Code Mirror, Tiny MCE) it works.

My settings: Joomla 5.0.2, PHP 8.2.7, JCE 2.9.60

Ryan
Are you referring to the (blue) buttons below the editor?

This is working in my tests with RegularLabs Sourcerer and Articles Anywhere.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

itPRAX
Joomla 5.0.2, PHP 8.1
JCE 2.9.60 blocks editor in Extensions module Visform subscription.
https://vi-solutions.de/en/

I have reset the JCE Editor to version 2.9.58. Everything is working again here.

Ryan
JCE 2.9.60 blocks editor in Extensions module Visform subscription.
https://vi-solutions.de/en/

This doesn't work with the Joomla CodeMirror editor either, so the issue is with the Visform extension button.

Ryan Demmer

itPRAX
But with JCE Pro version 2.9.58 everything works. Also the other editors. Then why should it only be because of Visform? Can you exchange ideas with each other? Thanks

Ryan
But with JCE Pro version 2.9.58 everything works.

I made changes in JCE Pro 2.9.60 for better compatability with Joomla 5 and future changes in Joomla 6. Visform is using an old method for displaying the button which is not directly compatible with Joomla 5.

Also the other editors.

Visform does not work with the Joomla CodeMirror editor in Joomla 5.

Ryan Demmer

Engholm
I've figured out the same problem. The native editor for text elements and content within the YoothemePro Builder (Joomla 5 / PHP 8.2) doesnt' load anymore with JCE 2.9.60. Unfortunatley there isn't any JavaScript error in the console. The Yootheme Pro has got an own, simple editor.

Ryan
[quotePost id="115873"]I've figured out the same problem. The native editor for text elements and content within the YoothemePro Builder (Joomla 5 / PHP 8.2) doesnt' load anymore with JCE 2.9.60. Unfortunatley there isn't any JavaScript error in the console. The Yootheme Pro has got an own, simple editor.[/quotePost]

This is a different issue to the one originally posted, which is to do with the editor-xtd buttons below the editor, not the editor itself.

The Yootheme issue appears to have something to do with the way Yootheme uses a custom method to intialize the editors, which now does not work with the recent changes in JCE Pro 2.9.60. I am trying to find the cause of this, so I can either fix it or suggest a fix to Yootheme.

Ryan Demmer

sfi
I don't know if it is related with the problem, but from today the js console shows:

Uncaught TypeError: Failed to resolve module specifier "editor-api". Relative references must start with either "/", "./", or "../".
And clicking the link:

/* jce - 2.9.60 | 2024-01-18 | https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net | Copyright (C) 2006 - 2024 Ryan Demmer. All rights reserved | GNU/GPL Version 2 or later - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html */
import {
    JoomlaEditor,
    JoomlaEditorDecorator
} <strong>from "editor-api"</strong>;

class JceDecorator extends JoomlaEditorDecorator {
    getValue() {
        return WfEditor.getContent(this.instance.id);
    }
Regards.

ClaudioRomeo
I confirm: JCE Pro 2.9.60 makes inserting objects impossible.
Neither Regulars Labs items nor Joomla core items can be inserted (and JoomlaCK as well).
Moreover, JCE Pro 2.9.60 makes TinyMCE useless: it hangs when I start using it.
I experimented this serious bug on two sites of mine.
Please, fix it soon.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.61 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Clear your browser cache after install.

Ryan Demmer

wolfmen
Hi,
2.9.60 blocks the Element TEXT in YoothemePro.
wolf.

Ryan
[quotePost id="115887"]Hi,
2.9.60 blocks the Element TEXT in YoothemePro.
wolf.[/quotePost]

See post above.

Ryan Demmer

kuk
Just tested the Beta version 2.9.61 with all my editor-xtd extensions - it works. :)

Thank you.

ClaudioRomeo
I confirm: JCE Pro 2.9.61 Beta 1 works well.
Thank you so much!

Ryan
Thanks for confirming. There is still an issue with RegularLabs buttons in Yootheme Pro with JCE Pro which I am trying to figure out (might be better to use the Joomla button in editor toolbar) but otherwise JCE Pro 2.9.61 will be released on Monday.

Ryan Demmer