You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115524 images in Repeatable custom field (editor)

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Moret on Monday, 18 December 2023 19:14 GMT

Miltos
I have made a customfield of subform type (Repeatable) with a custom field (editor). With this custom field, in addition to text, I inserted images (via Image Manager Extended). When I upgraded to 2.9.55 pro and JCE MediaBox 2.1.7, all the photos disappeared, and when I try to re-import them, they don't save!

Ryan
When I upgraded to 2.9.55 pro and JCE MediaBox 2.1.7, all the photos disappeared

JCE has no effect on content once it is saved, so there is no reason why updating JCE Pro would cause the images to dissappear.

Please post a link to an article where this has happened.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Miltos
I also tried with the default editor and I have the same problem. So it's not JCE's fault, so I'll look elsewhere.

M.

Ryan
If you can post a link to an example I can take a look and see if I can help solve the problem.

Ryan Demmer

grabit
Same problem here, all new image entered after the upgrade are broken link like this:

https://mcco.grab-it.link/%7B%22media_src%22:%22images/posters/large_screen_shot_2016-06-12_at_08.56.23-1465714613-1465714630.png%22,%22media_text%22:%22%22,%22media_supported%22:%5B%22img%22,%22video%22,%22audio%22,%22iframe%22,%22a%22,%22object%22%5D%7D
I re-installed the previous version, replaced the images in the fields and it is working fine now.

Ryan
[quotePost id="115536"]Same problem here, all new image entered after the upgrade are broken link like this:

https://mcco.grab-it.link/%7B%22media_src%22:%22images/posters/large_screen_shot_2016-06-12_at_08.56.23-1465714613-1465714630.png%22,%22media_text%22:%22%22,%22media_supported%22:%5B%22img%22,%22video%22,%22audio%22,%22iframe%22,%22a%22,%22object%22%5D%7D
I re-installed the previous version, replaced the images in the fields and it is working fine now.[/quotePost] I don't think your issue is the same as the original poster's. Please provide more information.
all new image entered after the upgrade are broken
Which upgrade? Images created with the JCE Media Field, or the Joomla Media Field?

Ryan Demmer

grabit
JCE PRO 2.9.56

Image created with the JCE media field.

Working fine with 2.9.55

The text in the field looks correct.

Miltos
In my case it's with native Joomla custom field, type editor. Unfortunately it is on localhost.
M.Z.

Miltos
And after upgrading to 2.9.56 the problem remains.

Ryan
[quotePost id="115538"]JCE PRO 2.9.56

Image created with the JCE media field.

Working fine with 2.9.55

The text in the field looks correct. [/quotePost]

@grabit# Please try JCE Pro 2.9.57 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

grabit
Tired the new beta but the problem is still present. But now I got an error when I reinstall V 2.9.55 and try to edit again the article:

An error has occurred.
0 strpos(): Argument #1 ($haystack) must be of type string, stdClass given
When using 2.9.56 no problem. So now I can't go back with in that article.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

grabit
Another problem with the update: When you try to add a new user you have this error:

An error has occurred.
• Attempt to assign property "media_supported" on string
This happens on another website And when I roll back to 2.9.55 no problem to add an user.

Ryan
@grabit - The reason you are seeing the first issue you reported is because JCE Media Field is not rendering the image in the article as it should be, some other extension has hijacked that process and is rendering the image incorrectly. Do you know what extension is doing this? It appears to be adding a class="el-image" attribute to the tag.

Ryan Demmer

grabit
I am using YOOtheme Pro to insert dynamic datas in the template. The class el-image is used if you need some styling for this particular element.

But why is it working fine with a previous version and not whit the latest one? What has changed between the 2 versions?

It seems that the problem comes from JCE media field as my User issue uses also a JCE media field that even empty create an error in a strict Joomla part.

Ryan
But why is it working fine with a previous version and not whit the latest one? What has changed between the 2 versions?

The value for the image is no longer a single value for the image src, but multiple values that can include the image description.

I am using YOOtheme Pro to insert dynamic datas in the template. The class el-image is used if you need some styling for this particular element.

You made need to update this to take the new changes into account. I'm not familiar with the Yootheme dynamic data features.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
@grabit - I am working on a few things to try and resolve this situation so you don't have to make any changes. Testing these on your site now...

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
@grabit - Please try JCE Pro 2.9.56 Beta 2 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Re-save articles containing any existing media fields that have been causing issues.

Ryan Demmer

grabit
Beta2 is working fine on both sites.

User can be created in the second one and I see my images on the first one.

Thanks

grabit
Still got problems with JCE media field in a subform

When you place the media field in a subform nothing is displayed and no error.

Ryan
[quotePost id="115566"]When you place the media field in a subform nothing is displayed and no error.[/quotePost]

I'm not seeing any issues with subforms in my tests. Can you post a link to an example on your site?

Ryan Demmer

Miltos
And after upgrading to 2.9.57 the problem remains.

grabit
[quotePost id="115568"][quotePost id="115566"]When you place the media field in a subform nothing is displayed and no error.[/quotePost]

I'm not seeing any issues with subforms in my tests. Can you post a link to an example on your site?[/quotePost]

https://mcco.grab-it.link/feature-film/140-test

As you can see, there is nothing in the right part where a gallery should display pictures. If you go to another film created before the upgrade the pictures are displaying well.

So I think that the problem occurs during the encoding and not in the rendering.

Ryan
If you go to another film created before the upgrade the pictures are displaying well.

Please post a link to an example. All the films on this page - https://mcco.grab-it.link/short-film - display without the gallery.

Ryan Demmer

grabit
Look the difference in the encoding of the 2 articles. Old article encoded before update:

{"row0":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/S009-P0500069896.jpg"},"row1":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/ONODA-0.jpg"},"row2":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/ONODA-1.jpg"},"row3":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/ONODA-2.jpg"},"row4":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/ONODA-3.jpg"},"row5":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/ONODA-4.jpg"},"row6":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/ONODA-6.jpg"},"row7":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/ONODA-8.jpg"},"row8":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/ONODA-15.jpg"},"row9":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/ONODA-19.jpg"},"row10":{"field8":"images\/feature-film\/Onoda\/ONODA-20.jpg"}}
and new article ended after upgrade:

{"row0":{"field8":{"media_src":"images\/serie\/beausejour2\/bsj2-1.jpg","media_text":""}},"row1":{"field8":{"media_src":"images\/serie\/beausejour2\/bsj2-2.jpg","media_text":""}},"row2":{"field8":{"media_src":"images\/serie\/beausejour2\/bsj2-3.jpg","media_text":""}},"row3":{"field8":{"media_src":"images\/serie\/beausejour2\/bsj2-4.jpg","media_text":""}},"row4":{"field8":{"media_src":"images\/serie\/beausejour2\/bsj2-5.jpg","media_text":""}},"row5":{"field8":{"media_src":"images\/serie\/beausejour2\/bsj2-6.jpg","media_text":""}},"row6":{"field8":{"media_src":"images\/serie\/beausejour2\/bsj2-7.jpg","media_text":""}},"row7":{"field8":{"media_src":"images\/serie\/beausejour2\/bsj2-8.jpg","media_text":""}},"row8":{"field8":{"media_src":"images\/serie\/beausejour2\/bsj2-97.jpg","media_text":""}},"row9":{"field8":{"media_src":"images\/serie\/beausejour2\/bsj2-98.jpg","media_text":""}}}
When the JCE media field is used as a non repeating field just the relative url is encoded Hope this helps

Ryan
When the JCE media field is used as a non repeating field just the relative url is encoded

Yes this is a specific change I was able to make in JCE Pro 2.9.57 to help and accomodate legacy implementations of the Media Field following the changes in JCE Pro 2.9.56.

Unfortunately the SubForm field accesses the child field content differently, and it is not possible to adjust the field data accordingly.

Ryan Demmer

grabit
OK that change is a real problem as we were using the field since years without any problems what can we do?

You created a "new" product (you can call it Advanced JCE media field) and it is now not possible to use the old one.

Strange.

Ryan
You created a "new" product (you can call it Advanced JCE media field) and it is now not possible to use the old one.

No, I extended the existing Media Field to add essential accessability features.

Ryan Demmer

grabit
No, I extended the existing Media Field to add essential accessability features.

I understand but it breaks old websites.

When we need some accessibility features we add some text fields in the repeater

grabit
I quickly created a new subform and use the Joomla media field in it to look at and the encoding is slightly different:

{"row0":{"field13":{"imagefile":"images\/feature-film\/22mei\/soudain-le-22-mai_395915_21934.jpg#joomlaImage:\/\/local-images\/feature-film\/22mei\/soudain-le-22-mai_395915_21934.jpg?width=1200&height=798","alt_text":""}},"row1":{"field13":{"imagefile":"images\/feature-film\/22mei\/soudain-le-22-mai_395946_35259.jpg#joomlaImage:\/\/local-images\/feature-film\/22mei\/soudain-le-22-mai_395946_35259.jpg?width=1200&height=800","alt_text":""}}}
In the YOOtheme when using this field we can chose between url or alt. With JCE media field there is no choice maybe something is missing in the field declaration.

Ryan
In the YOOtheme when using this field we can chose between url or alt.

With JCE media field there is no choice maybe something is missing in the field declaration.

Yootheme may include special mapping for these field attribute names.

Ryan Demmer

grabit
I'll check with them

Ryan
You can use the Joomla Media Field in a Subform and still take advantage of the JCE File Browser to select and upload the images for this field.

Ryan Demmer

grabit
Question is asked on their Discord channel.

I will do that for new websites but for old one I don't know how to proceed.

Let's see.

Ryan
I'm adding a "Legacy Support" parameter to the Media Field plugin to remove the additional Description field and revert to saving a single string value.

A beta will be available later today.

Ryan Demmer

grabit
Thanks a lot, you save my day, month, year ;-)

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.58 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Go to System -> Manage -> Plugins (Extensions -> Plugins in Joomla 3), search for Fields - Media JCE and click on it to edit the parameters.

Set Legacy Media Support to Yes and Save.

Open and re-save any of the media fields you were experiencing issues with.

Ryan Demmer

grabit
I did it but now I can't open the articles to resave it because of that error:

An error has occurred.
0 strpos(): Argument #1 ($haystack) must be of type string, stdClass given

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.58 Beta 2 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

grabit
This time it is working fine Thanks!

Moret
Oh Thank you Ryan and grabit, you've solved a problem that's been bothering me!
Great job