You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#116542 How to hide/remove icon for generating thumbs

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by pat01 on Monday, 01 April 2024 07:36 BST

pat01
Hello

I use Joomla custom field of type mediajce to allow user to upload pictures.

I have set up a JCE profile that is available to registered users. In "Features & Layout" of this profile I have enabled the function "File browser". I removed all icons in editor layout.

Frontend: If the user does upload a file, in the upload window there is an icon on the right side that allows to generate thumbs. How can I remove it?

In Profiles > editor parameters > filesystem I have disabled all thumbs options (Upload Thumbnail Options etc.).

Thanks.

Patrick

Joomla 5.0.3, JCE always in its latest version.

Attachments

Ryan
The Image Manager Extended has separate parameters for these options so if the user is opening the Image Manager Extended dialog, they may still see these buttons.

In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Image Manager Extended, set Thumbnail Editor and Image Editor to No.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pat01
I did not have Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Image Manager Extended because I removed all icons in the editor layout.

I now have added the Image Manager Extended icon and set the Plugin Parameters: Thumbnail Editor and Image Editor to No.

The Thumbnail icon still is visible to the user, even after logout -> login and I did clear the browser cache.

Ryan
Apologies this is a bug. The Thumbnail Editor option was missing from the File Browser parameters.

Please try JCE Pro 2.9.64 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

pat01
I did try the Beta version. The parameter setting is there and I have set it to no. But it has no effect. The thumb icon still is there.

Ryan
Pelase send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

pat01
Problem solved. I have two frontend editor profiles and the sorting was wrong. This means, the second profile got loaded first, but I changed the parameter setting in other frontend profile.

Disabling the thumbnail editor is working fine with JCE Pro 2.9.64 Beta.

Patrick