You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115086 JCE and Google Scholar tags

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 30 October 2023 10:46 GMT

dmccreary
On an academic site i'm helping update to Joomla4, we had a plugin called Google Scholar that tied into JCE, putting custom field creation that went into the <head> of an article. That plugin is long gone, developer did not J4 it, and hasn't work in joomla in years. What is the best way to integrate the Google Scholar tags into entry fields in JCE? Attached is the header output of one of the articles. These are now called Highwire Press tags ... Only thing i can find in joomla extensions is EORISIS but that just auto-generates a set of tags based on a particular content category, not by page. A few I can set up as global in EORISIS but need to put stuff like citation_pdf_url and citation_doi into each article as created. Any ideas anyone? Thanks

Attachments

highwire_tags.html.zip

Ryan
putting custom field creation that went into the of an article.

JCE doesn't enabled editing of the element as it is usually engaged to edit content within the of the page. The tags you are attempting to set are all tags which are found only in the of a document - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/meta

Joomla does allow setting of some meta properties when editing an article - in the Publishing tab - but to add specific meta tags to a page, you will need a dedicated Joomla extension.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.