You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#115022 Can't see jce editor tab or buttons

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by lancasterphotographicsociety on Tuesday, 24 October 2023 20:22 BST

lancasterphotographicsociety
We had problems with Joomla, now updated to 4.4 and working again, however cannot see buttons or jce editor tab on the editing page in backend or frontend. Reinstalled jce pkg_jce_pro_2951 from a download, which seemed to go ok but this didn't help the issue.

What am I missing?

Can't see anything wrong in the jce settings.

Screenshot attached, any help very welcome!

What I am seeing is just the raw html in the editing window...

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
Strange one this:

The Editor - Tinymce plugin was disabled, and this was actually the Editor set as the default in the Joomla Global Configuration, but because it was disabled, the option was showing the next editor in the list - JCE.

Also because it was disabled, when creating or editing an article, the editor was defaulting to "None" which is why you were seeing a blank textarea or HTML code.

After enabling Tinymce, and then setting Editor - JCE as the default in the Joomla Global Configuration, everything is working as expected 😃

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Genius, thank you so much. No wonder I couldn't understand!!!