You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#114685 Questions for Tabel of Contents TOC

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by hing on Wednesday, 20 September 2023 11:46 BST

hing
Hi
some days ago I installed the TOC-plugin from Github. Then I modified it a little bit - changed the "Depth" to 6 and tried some German words. Yesterday I installed JCE pro.

Questions:
- Is it intended that the TOC has only a "Depth = 3"?
- When I add a TOC a click "Clean up", something changes in the display and behaviour of created TOC. Why and what?
- Will further updates overwrite my modifications of TOC-plugin or will it be unchanged?

Thanks and regards

Ryan

The next version will add an option to set the Depth from 1 to 6.

- When I add a TOC a click "Clean up", something changes in the display and behaviour of created TOC. Why and what?

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain further?

- Will further updates overwrite my modifications of TOC-plugin or will it be unchanged?

Your changes will be overwritten.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

hing
[quotePost id="114687"]...
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain further?[/quotePost]

My knowledge is too low to explain it, but maybe the attached GIF can show it. Maybe it is correct - I don't know.

Attachments

jce_pro_toc.zip

Ryan
The Table of Contents is intended to be non-editable, except for the main heading, which you can edit. If you make any changes to the content, like adding any new headings, click the Table of Contents button again to update it.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

hing
[quotePost id="114687"]

The next version will add an option to set the Depth from 1 to 6.[/quotePost]
A great / luxury option would be also the define the "type" of the heading, not only the depth. So not "depth 4" and not "heading 1-5", but "1,3,4,5" - like the option in Ms Word.

Who will need it?
People who have a bad structure in there headings because of legacy defined CSS and use only the headings h1, h3, h4 and h5 ..:)