You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106806 Like the Joomla frontend edit of html modules and articles (click frontal edit icon) to bring JCE and content in a modal box?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Chacapamac
Here the problem is Joomla not JCE - Any hint will be appreciated I’m using JCE for a long time and I’m trying to repair the horrible Joomla frontend edition system to something more modern. I like that when a user click the edition icon in the frontend it will be redirected to a modal box and not in the Joomla Component Aera, as it does now. I find a part of the solution here: ========================================================= How to show the module editing page in a popup modal? https://joomla.stackexchange.com/questions/22545/how-to-make-frontend-module-editing-as-modal-in-a-custom-template 1• Make an override of layouts/joomla/edit/frontend_modules.php in templates/…Your_Template…/html/layouts/joomla/edit/frontediting_modules.php 2• Extend line 34 with &tmpl=component&context=modalselector like this: From original:

$editUrl = JUri::base() . 'index.php?option=com_config&controller=config.display.modules&id=' . (int) $mod->id . '&Itemid=' . $itemid . $redirectUri;
	$target  = '_self';
to

$editUrl = JUri::base() . 'index.php?option=com_config&controller=config.display.modules&id=' . (int) $mod->id . '&Itemid=' . $itemid . $redirectUri .'&tmpl=component&context=modalselector';
Make sure the main component is used/hidden on that page and you will be returned correctly.... ========================================================= I try this and my edit button open in another window, unformatted and the editor and content is missing (JCE). — Only the unformatted Joomla edit functions interface appear and JCE and the content is not present. I guess the —> “&context=modalselector';” is wrong?????????? I use Joomdev Astroid with Bootstrap 4 and use JCE Pro — I guess i can use one of these modals but I don’t know enough coding to implement and not sur how to keep the formatting of the editor window (Joomla and JCE) Continue testing.....