You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#102823 JCE Pro update

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by cspgsl on Friday, 31 January 2020 11:25 GMT

cspgsl
Why won't JCE Pro update through the Joomla update screen?

Ryan
Which version of JCE Pro do you have installed?

What message are you seeing when you try and update?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

cspgsl
Sorry, I should have sent more details.

I was going from 2.8.1 to 2.8.3

It failed and provided a link to manually download the file. I don't remember an actual error message but there likely was one.

I tried it on another site from 281 to 283 and it worked so it must have something to do with the template

Going from 282.to 283 also worked on another several other sites of mine

I have another site that somehow has missed updates for awhile. It is sitting on 2.7.14 and the update does not show up in the Joomla backend. I suspect it is too old. I manually installed it.

Ryan
I was going from 2.8.1 to 2.8.3

It failed and provided a link to manually download the file. I don't remember an actual error message but there likely was one.

Have you set your subscription key on this site? Please see - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/subscription/using-the-subscription-key

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

cspgsl
Yew, the sub key was installed already. It seems to have only been this particular site (template) as all of my other sites are updating fine (to 285 now).

I will start a new ticket if it happens in future.

Thanks