You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#100311 "Invalid JSON response" when uploading videos

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by holdsworthdesign on Thursday, 20 June 2019 23:57 BST

holdsworthdesign
When uploading a (~300 MB) .mp4 video to their site, our client is getting a message stating "The server returned an invalid JSON response". Our client says it doesn't happen right away, but they aren't sure if it's happening part-way through the upload process or at the end of it.

It seems to be a size-related issue, as I've tested with smaller files with no issues.

Ryan
Our client says it doesn't happen right away, but they aren't sure if it's happening part-way through the upload process or at the end of it.

It seems to be a size-related issue, as I've tested with smaller files with no issues.

I have tested this with a 300Mb video and can confirm this. As smaller uploads work, I suspect this error is due to some sort of server timeout, as it did take quite some time to upload in my test.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

holdsworthdesign
Cool, thanks for trying on your end! I'm going to contact the webhost to see what they can do. Thanks!