You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#100110 Seblod multisite - profiles to limit media folders

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 29 May 2019 19:53 BST

sageman
Hello Ryan (or anyone else with ideas),

I have built a multisite with Seblod - and have basically 4 domains with 4 different contents, plugins etc.
There are also additional groups and access levels, plus about 12 Admins.

Using JCE profiles I am restricting certain groups to certain media folders - i.e.
group-a will only see /images/group-a
group-b will only see /images/group-b and so on...
Works like a charm.

The problem I am facing now: some Admins belong to 2 groups, because they need to be able to work on 2 sites.
But with my settings in JCE they are restricted to only one of the images sub-folders, I guess the one profile that has spriority.

Any ideas? Of course I can always give these Admins seperate logins per domain, but I was thinking to limit the media folders based on the domain. I could create a backend plugin to provide the login domain as a variable.
Changing the actual structure if the image folders is not an option, since all articles are built already.
I saw that your media path allows variables - if I could somehow add a [IF domain, then]...

I am also considering creating an aditional images folder with symbolic links to 2 folders and then pointing to this new folder from an additional profile - which would then show both subfolders...

Thanks!
Richard

Ryan
Of course I can always give these Admins seperate logins per domain, but I was thinking to limit the media folders based on the domain. I could create a backend plugin to provide the login domain as a variable.

An event is a available that you can use in a custom Joomla system plugin to change the root directory for each user based on your criteria.

The onWfFileSystemGetRootDir event is triggered when the root directory is requested, passing a relative url of the value set in the File Directory Path, or "images".

Here is an example system plugin with all the available events exposed - https://github.com/widgetfactory/wf_filesystem_events

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.