You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#99027 JCE MediaBox 2.0.8: SyntaxError

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by crimle on Thursday, 04 April 2019 12:04 BST

crimle
Hi Ryan

There appears to be an error in in the plugin JCE MediaBox 2.0.8. This prevented my Joomla51 template from working properly. Ciaran from the Joomla51-Support asked me to disable the JCE MediaBox plugin. And this resolved the issue.

SyntaxError: illegal character[Learn More] jcemediabox.min.js:3:542

Kind regards
Chris

Ryan
Does this error occur when loading the page, or when clicking on a MediaBox popup link?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

crimle
This website did not have any MediaBox popup link yet. So it was no problem disabling it for the moment. I presume this error occurs when loading the page.
Since the plugin is disabled, the website is ok now.

The error message was not visible to the public. But it caused the main menu to be displayed twice. The Joomla51 Support found the cause for the error. See https://www.joomla51.com/forum/main-menu-is-displayed-twice

Kind regards
Chris

Ryan
Was this a fresh install of JCE MediaBox, or had you upgraded from a previous version?

Ryan Demmer

crimle
It is an upgrade from a previous version.

Ryan
If there are no popup links on the page, then I suspect the error is caused by a saved JCE MediaBox parameter.

If you wish to continue using MediaBox, please send me a login so I can investigate - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
I have uninstalled and re-installed MediaBox 2.0.8 on your site and it is now loading without the error.

Ryan Demmer

crimle
Hi Ryan

great! So something must have gone wrong while upgrading from a previous version. I am glad we have a solution. Thank you very much and

Kind regards
Chris