You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#107262 Only being inserted in text

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by jparker3119 on Tuesday, 30 March 2021 17:29 BST

jparker3119
I must have something setup wrong but the only line return output that I can get is <br />

What I want to input is:
<div>This is a pen</div><div>This is a pen too.</div><div>And what is this?</div>

What is actually input is:
This is a pen<br />This is a pen too.<br />And what is this?

Settings are:
Editor Global Configuration -> Container Element & Enter Key -> Div : Div

The editor profile for SuperUser is:
Editor Parameters --> Typography --> Container Element & Enter Key --> Div : Div

Thanks!
Jim

JCE PRO 294

PHP Built On Linux vps68616.servconfig.com 3.10.0-1127.18.2.vz7.163.46 #1 SMP Fri Nov 20 21:47:55 MSK 2020 x86_64
Database Type mysql
Database Version 5.5.5-10.3.28-MariaDB
Database Collation latin1_swedish_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version 7.4.16
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface fpm-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.9.25 Stable [ Amani ] 02-March-2021 15:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:86.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/86.0

Ryan
Are you using Enter or SHIFT + Enter for the return? SHIFT + Enter will create a
, not a new

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jparker3119
That is also strange, Ryan. I am merely using the Enter key........

jparker3119
I uninstalled JCE including plugins. I checked to see if TinyMCE worked properly.....it does. I then reinstalled JCE and again only <br> was being inserted into the sentences....
I am stumped............
Thanks, Jim

jparker3119
I subsequently removed JCE and related add-ons and installed 295-beta5 to see what would happen....Again only <br> was being inserted.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
This was caused by the ordering of your profiles. Your "Default" profile has the Container Element & Enter Key option set to None:Linebreak, and as Super Users are also assigned to this profile, and it was ordered above your "Super User" profile, it was being used instead of the "Super User" profile.

I have re-ordered the profiles on your site to put the "Super User" profile first.

Ryan Demmer

jparker3119
Thanks for your help on this!! I need to store this somewhere in the brain where I won't forget it!
Regards,
Jim