You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#107212 Disable Server File Manager for Registered Joomla Users

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by ChristophGO on Thursday, 25 March 2021 17:16 GMT

ChristophGO
Hello ...

I have seen this question before with old JCE Editor versions, but could not find any advice for current JCE Editor Pro on the forum.
I have a Profile for the Back-end and a Profile for the Front-end. I want them to be able to upload images, but not have access to the Server directories, only to their own local computer. I have disabled File Browser, but that has also not helped.

Can someone please give me some direction? Greatly appreciated.

Thanks ... Christoph

Ryan
I want them to be able to upload images, but not have access to the Server directories, only to their own local computer. I have disabled File Browser, but that has also not helped.

Provided that you are happy for these users only to have basic image functions, such as just uploading and inserting an image, then you can use the Basic Dialog option, with the associated File Browser option disabled.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/107212-disable-server-file-manager-for-registered-joomla-users-1.jpg

As of JCE Pro 2.9.4, the user will still be able to upload images using the button in the Basic Dialog URL field, but will not have access to the full File Browser.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/images/news/294/basic-dialog-upload-drag.gif

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ChristophGO
Hello Ryan ...

Thanks for your response. Greatly appreciated!
Your process was successful. That is exactly was I was looking for.
But now the problem is that the Registered User can upload an image, but after saving, the image does not remain in the body of the text.
I have attached images of the settings I have made.

Thanks Again ... Christoph

Attachments

Ryan
But now the problem is that the Registered User can upload an image, but after saving, the image does not remain in the body of the text.

This is probably caused by the Joomla Text Filter removing HTML on saving.

Check the Text Filters settings in the Joomla Global Configuration, and make sure that Filter Type for the Registered group is set to Default Blacklist

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ChristophGO
Hello Ryan ...

Thanks again! That is exactly what the cause was.
I should have thought of that. But at 72, I'm still kickin'. I hope they pay you the big bucks!

Best regards ... Christoph