You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#106994 JCE in Joomla 4

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 25 March 2021 19:27 GMT

trogladyte
When using JCE in Joomla 3, when I go into Editor Profile and select. say, Default, I would see options as per the attachment.

I just installed Joomla 4 (Beta 7) today for a site I'm building for myself. Figured I should probably look at what they've done. Not sure I like the new layout. Everything takes far longer to do, but maybe it's just because it's new. Anyway... I now go to JCE, Editor Profile, Default, and, where are my options? There's only one page, no tabs, no options. Can't set page width and height, no way to allow/disallow JS, PHP, etc.

What happened?

Attachments

Ryan
This is the Joomla developers completely breaking backwards compatability with some aspects of Joomla 3, so I need to now figure out how to allow for the tabs without having to create 2 versions!

This will be fixed in an update soon when I can sole the problem.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
On further investigation it looks like this is the result of some changes introduced in Joomla 4 Beta 7, which will be reverted or changed in the next Joomla 4 update - https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/commit/e5a8e521d505ea2c1e4bee13ef2c8475df941747

Ryan Demmer

Roy Glashorster
Joomla 4 - Beta 8, same problem, no tabs in Editor profile. How can I insert pro tabs when there's no feature tab?

Ryan
Joomla 4 - Beta 8 has not been officially released yet, so the changes I linked to above might still be included.

Ryan Demmer

Roy Glashorster
new update, still same problem...

Ryan
Joomla 4 beta 8 has not officially been released yet.

Ryan Demmer