You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#106959 Need to add Creative Comons Attribution to Each Article by Default

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by tmichel on Saturday, 27 February 2021 19:20 GMT

tmichel
Ryan, I want to have basic information like Creative Common Attribution under Publishing-> Content Rights, filled in automatically whenever creating a new article.

I have looked three times through all the Configuration options in either Editor Global Configuration or Editor Profiles, and have not seen a specific entry box for this.

Can you describe to me how to accomplish this???

Ryan
Anything outside of the editor area (the toolbar and content area) is not under the control of JCE and cannot be set or changed by JCE. The Publishing-> Content Rights field is part of the Joomla Article Manager. I don't know how you can set a default value for this field.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

tmichel
Silly me, yes, that is the Joomla article manager isn't it. Maybe you should make a drop-in replacement for the Joomla article manage 😉 just kidding.

I will look to see if there is somewhere I can add default content. May have to override a Joomla core file and add that default to that text box.

As always Ryan, your the best. Wish JCE was the default content editor for all CMS's.