You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106881 Problem preserving Numbered Headings on Paste in Joomla!

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by nickbirch on Monday, 22 February 2021 14:17 GMT

nickbirch
Hi
I am trying to create a Joomla! article from a Word document. I realise I will have to adjust it afterwards, but I am having trouble getting a clean paste of the text to work on

So far I have:

1. First pasted the Word document content into a plain text editor to strip out any formatting
2. Tried inserting a copy of the plain text into the article by:
a) pasting
b) pasting as text using the icon in the editor and
c) pasting using CMD + Shift + V (I am on a Mac).

Each time, the editor has added HTML ordered list code to my efforts and destroyed the original numbering.

All I want to do is preserve the original text numbering.

Here is an example of the plain text I am trying to paste:

10 Termination
10.1 Without prejudice to any other right or remedy it may possess, either Party (the Non-Defaulting Party) shall be entitled to immediately terminate this Agreement by written notice to the other Party (the Defaulting Party) (such notice to specify the date upon which this Agreement will terminate (the Termination Date)) upon the happening of any of the following events:
10.1.1 the Defaulting Party ceasing to perform its obligations under this Agreement; or
10.1.2 the Defaulting Party suspends or ceases, or threatens to suspend of cease, carrying on all or a substantial part of its business; or

... which converts to (as seen in Code view):

<p><br />10 Termination</p>
<ol>
<li>1 Without prejudice to any other right or remedy it may possess, either Party (the Non-Defaulting Party) shall be entitled to immediately terminate this Agreement by written notice to the other Party (the Defaulting Party) (such notice to specify the date upon which this Agreement will terminate (the Termination Date)) upon the happening of any of the following events:</li>
<li>1.1 the Defaulting Party ceasing to perform its obligations under this Agreement; or</li>
<li>1.2 the Defaulting Party suspends or ceases, or threatens to suspend of cease, carrying on all or a substantial part of its business; or</li>

I there a way of achieving what I want and keeping it that way in the article on subsequent edits etc?

Thanks

Ryan
This is the Markdown processing, which converts number lists like this into ordered html lists. If you donw use Markdown, disable it in Editor Profiles -> Features & Layout, by unchecking the Markdown option in the Additional Features section.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

nickbirch
Thanks Ryan; very helpful.

Nick