You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106877 Unexpected iframes being stripped on 'save' when logged in as Administrator

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by vicky on Saturday, 20 February 2021 21:44 GMT

vicky
I have only one editor profile set up, based on default, for front and backend, for Admins and Superusers (my only two editor types on this site), set for all components. All other profiles are unpublished. Site was created about 2 months ago. I have been successfully adding iframes to code view (we do this with vimeo to get the exact layout we want and have set up in vimeo) when signed in as both superadmin and administrator users.

This week, the iframe was being stripped on save; so I checked editor profile setting, it was 'allow iframes = no'. I did not change that. Maybe that happened at last update? Not sure. Anyway, I changed to 'allow iframes = yes'. Logged out. Logged back in as both Superadmin and Administrator. Now this issue it:
(1) As superadmin, iframes were fine.
(2) As Administrator, iframes are stripped.
But both users are on same profile. The user that is Administrator is also assigned to an access group with no editor priviledges (similar to registered).
What is cause that the administrator user can't save iframes if assigned to same profile as superadmin?

Not sure if this is a bug. It is usually user error (mine) but I can't figure out why iframes are being stripped if I am editing as an administrator. I've added screenshots to clarify. Thank you, Vicky

Attachments

Ryan
Check the Joomla Text Filter settings in the Joomla Global Configuration. See - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/editor/iframe-removed-on-saving

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

vicky
That was helpful. Thank you! When I edited the blacklist for administrator per your link/in the joomla text filter, iframes are no longer stripped.