You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106532 Galleries and multiple attachments

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by LorenzoC on Monday, 01 February 2021 16:32 GMT

LorenzoC
Hello everyone,
I've been using Joomla for several years but only recently decided to switch to JCE and to get Pro & MediaBox. I thing that there are some features that I never tried and I may not fully understood.

1. I would like to add at the end of an article a dozen attachment. When creating the link, I see the checkboxes for multiple selection, but actually only one-at-time can be put into the article. Is there a way to quickly add a group of files?

1. The file manager and its option to work with folders and subfolders is very useful. Is there a way to publish the file manager tree, allowing users to navigate into them and open files?

1. Can MediaBox or JCE be used to add a group of images together? My aim is to add a gallery at the end of an article showing images thumbs that may be opened into a lightgallery

1. Is there a way to open all files by default into another window? It is time consuming to add everytime the attribute _blank to every file...

Thanks in advance for your guidance
Lorenzo

LorenzoC
Any advise, please?
Thanks in advance

Ryan
I would like to add at the end of an article a dozen attachment. When creating the link, I see the checkboxes for multiple selection, but actually only one-at-time can be put into the article. Is there a way to quickly add a group of files?

It's currently only possible to add one link at a time.

The file manager and its option to work with folders and subfolders is very useful. Is there a way to publish the file manager tree, allowing users to navigate into them and open files?

No, tree can only be viewed from withiin the File Manager / File Browser.

Is there a way to open all files by default into another window? It is time consuming to add everytime the attribute _blank to every file...

In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> File Manager, you can set the default Target value for all links:

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106532-galleries-and-multiple-attachments.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
Can MediaBox or JCE be used to add a group of images together? My aim is to add a gallery at the end of an article showing images thumbs that may be opened into a lightgallery

Here is an old but still relevant example of creating multiple popups with thumbnails - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum/89413#p89565

I will create a tutorial for this soon.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

LorenzoC
Thanks for your reply Ryan.
I will need other extension to fit my needs then