You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106428 Mediabox 2 not compatible with firefox esr

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by julienpiron on Monday, 01 February 2021 19:08 GMT

julienpiron
HI, i installed the mediabox2 plugin and pop up stop working, they were blank under firefox 52 esr but work on chrome and edge.
I reverted to mediabox 1 and all is fine under firefox esr, is there a way to have the last plugin or i must stay with mediabox as my company only work with firefox esr 59 ?

THX

Ryan
HI, i installed the mediabox2 plugin and pop up stop working, they were blank under firefox 52 esr but work on chrome and edge.

Is there a javascript error in Tools -> Web Developer -> Web Console?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

julienpiron
Nope, no error in console and the problem is only with firefox esr 52, if i test my site with last firefox or chrome or edge it works, sadly on my intranet only firefox esr is allowed so i must stay with mediabox1 and sadly popup are not responsive. Pop up with mediabox 2 under firefox 52 is blank white.

Ryan
I'm not seeing any problem with a test version of Firefox 52 esr on Windows 10. Are you getting the blank popup with all popup media, or just a particular media type?

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Also tested Firefox 52 on WinXP using BrowserStack.

All tests were done with the examples here - https://joomlacontenteditor.net/products/jce-mediabox

Ryan Demmer

julienpiron
I think you ask the good question, as i test with image on popup and it works, so the problem is only with pdf, mediabox and ff esr.
I think too tht jce doesn't let me choose pdf in popup selection, only jpeg, and i need to paste the url myself, please see pic.
i clean all jce and reinstall and still the same problem.

Ryan
I think you ask the good question, as i test with image on popup and it works, so the problem is only with pdf, mediabox and ff esr.

I suspect it is because this version of Firefox does not have a built in pdf reader, and requires a browser plugin fpr pdf display like Adobe Acrobat.

I think too tht jce doesn't let me choose pdf in popup selection, only jpeg, and i need to paste the url myself, please see pic.

The Image Manager Extended was intended to create image popups, so when in the Popup tab, clicking on an image in the file list would add the url to the URL field.

I am adding an option to open the File Browser to select other media types for the URL in the next update.

Ryan Demmer

julienpiron

I suspect it is because this version of Firefox does not have a built in pdf reader, and requires a browser plugin fpr pdf display like Adobe Acrobat.

Yes it have a buit in pdf reader, but it works with mediabox 1 and not mediabox 2, any change i can do to have it working ? i need the responsive pop up and don't want to add another module.

Thx

Ryan
In Firefox, click on the menu on the right (3 horizontal lines) and then click on Options. Click on Applications, and for the Content Type - Portable Document Format (PDF), make sure the Action is set to Preview In Firefox.

I have tested MediaBox 2 on Firefox 52 esr with this change and it works fine.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106428-mediabox-2-not-compatible-with-firefox-esr.gif

Ryan Demmer

julienpiron
Hi, sadly it's a distribution of firefox with no possibilities of changes without admin codes, i can't ask every person at least 2000 to ask for change.
So it's a no, thx anyway.