You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#106285 No greek spellchecker in Summary and Description (only in Meta boxes)

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 01 March 2021 09:09 GMT

GameWorld
There is no spellchecker for Greek language in both Summary and Description.

I can only see the spellchecker for Greek language in the Meta Description and Meta keywords, at the bottom of the page.

Please add it to the next version, taking the code from there.
Thank you.

Attachments

Ryan
The spellcheck feature uses your browser's spellcheck tool, and you need to enable it in the editor by clicking the spellcheck button in the toolbar.

This will disable the editor context menu (right click menu), so after completing the spellcheck, click the button again to turn off the spellcheck.

https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/editor/spellchecker

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

GameWorld
Ok I noticed that the language doesn't matter.
The first 2 boxes, summary and description do not do spell checking in any language.

Only the last 2 boxes do this.

I still haven't understood from which icon I can enable the spellchecker. Can you activate it for me?

Thank you.

Attachments

Ryan
In the image below, the spellcheck button is highlighted. Click it to turn the spellcheck on, and click again to turn it off.

Please refer to the documentation - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/editor/spellchecker

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106285-no-greek-spellchecker-in-summary-and-description-only-in-meta-boxes.jpg

Ryan Demmer

GameWorld
Thank you. It looks like I was blind on this.

GameWorld
Just an update on this.
Why every time I write a news item I have to turn the spellcheck on? This is not convenient at all.

Is there an option to have this turned on by default?

Ryan
Why every time I write a news item I have to turn the spellcheck on? This is not convenient at all.

Thsi is because when it is enabled, it toggles off the editor right-click menu.

Is there an option to have this turned on by default?

Yes, you can set the option in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Spellcheck.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106285-no-greek-spellchecker-in-summary-and-description-only-in-meta-boxes-2.jpg

Ryan Demmer

GameWorld
Ok I enabled it.

When it's enabled by default "it toggles off right-click menu" what do you mean by that?
Can you make a screenshot so that I can understand?
Could that be a security issue?

(Sorry I feel stupid with this)

Ryan
The editor has it's own right-click menu (context menu) to provide quick access to various tools - link, image, alignment etc.

When the spellchecker is enabled, the editor's right-click menu is disabled so that the browser's right-click menu can be enabled to show spellcheck suggestions.

When you disable the spellchecker, the editor's right-click menu is available again.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106285-no-greek-spellchecker-in-summary-and-description-only-in-meta-boxes.gif

Ryan Demmer

GameWorld
Hi again.

Reminder: There is no greek spellchecker in JCE Editor.

Plus that I see the replies in this topic randomly and not by date!

Any update?

Thanks.

Ryan
Reminder: There is no greek spellchecker in JCE Editor.

JCE Editor uses the browser's spellchecker, so your browser needs to have a Greek spellcheck enabled.

Ryan Demmer

GameWorld
Ok I found out 2 issues.

1st) In Admin (Backend) the greek dictionary is not working but the english is working.

2nd) Today when I was writing an article once, in frontend, the greek dictionary was not working but the english was working as well. This was fixed a couple of minutes later.

So those should be fixed, especially the first one. Because in my team, we edit old articles from admin and we put "Updates" and change their date and time. And of course we are not the only ones.

Attachments

Ryan
So those should be fixed, especially the first one. Because in my team, we edit old articles from admin and we put "Updates" and change their date and time. And of course we are not the only ones.

This is probably due to some setting in your browser. JCE uses the browser's spellchecker to perfomr the spellcheck.

Which browser are you using?

Ryan Demmer

GameWorld
Google Chrome. Latest version.

No.2 happened only once.

No.1 happens all the time (not having Greek in /Administrator). Try it for yourself
Enable Greek Dictionary in Chrome and copy-paste this greek sentence for testing. The first 3 worlds are ok and the other 3 faulty.

Καλημέρα Καλησπέρα Καληνύχτα τεδσφσδφσδγ τετσδεδσφσδφ τεφδσγηφασττγ

Ryan
No.1 happens all the time (not having Greek in /Administrator). Try it for yourself
Enable Greek Dictionary in Chrome and copy-paste this greek sentence for testing. The first 3 worlds are ok and the other 3 faulty.

Καλημέρα Καλησπέρα Καληνύχτα τεδσφσδφσδγ τετσδεδσφσδφ τεφδσγηφασττγ

If this is the case then this is a Chrome browser bug and there isn't much I can do about it.

Ryan Demmer