You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

#101944 Image Manager Extended modal is too big for my screen

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by BasilC on Monday, 02 December 2019 22:16 GMT

BasilC
Since you did one of your regular updates of the fantastic JCE Pro (probably to version 2.7), I've had a problem with the way the Media Manager Extended modal displays on my computer (a 17" laptop). As shown in the attached screenshot, the modal is too large and I have to use the scrollbar to access the margin and border settings. It's not a huge problem, but it's a bit annoying. This didn't used to happen before you smartened up the formatting - the entire form was visible at once. Is there anything you can do to shrink the modal? I assume it's not a problem on a desktop computer.

Attachments

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.8.1 RC9 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development/jce-pro-2-8-1-dev

This should bring it closer to how it was displayed in 2.6.x

There is still some work to do here, but it gets difficult to include everything at smaller display sizes. Although you are probably using a high-res display (1920 x 1080 or similar), Windows 10 scales this by 150% by default (see your display settings) to make the display more readable on smaller displays / laptops. This leaves us with an actual display size of around 1280 x 607, which is not enough to comfortably fit in the whole Image Manager dialog. One solution might be to remove the file browser part from the dialog, and have it launched from a button in the URL field instead. The change in the RC9 version merely displays the whole dialog, forcing a scroll on the window, rather than resizing it to fit the window.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

BasilC
Thanks Ryan. That's a bit of an improvement. However, what I should have thought of before is simply to use F11 to toggle full screen in Firefox, which is easier and quicker than using the scrollbar. The image manager then expands and fits the screen perfectly.

I doubt whether many JCE users are editing their websites on smaller laptops, so I doubt whether it's worth your time to work on a solution.