You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#100616 JCE Mediabox image views

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Visioner on Monday, 02 September 2019 12:36 BST

Visioner
Hello,

yesterday I updated the JCE Mediabox Plugin from the old version 1.29 to the newest version 2.0.11.
I'm using Joomla 3.9.10.

The problem is, that everytime I clear the browser cache, the images on the website are gone till I refresh the browser again.
On mobile phones the images are not show even on first load, till refreshing the page.

Can someone help me with that problem?

Ryan
I suspect this might have something to do with a "lazy loading" script you are running on the page (perhaps a feature of your template).

Please post a link to an example.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Visioner
Hi Ryan,

here's an example page:

https://piccolomondo-osterode.de/menue

Ryan
I can't find the exact cause of the issue, but I think it is probably due to some template script processing the images in some way, which is causing an issue with the Mediabox popup icon (the magnifying glass).

Please try disabling this in the MediaBox parameters - set Zoom / Popup icon to No.

Ryan Demmer

Visioner
Thanks a lot for your support!!!

That solved the problem!

Visioner
Hi Ryan,

the problem appears again on another website.
What I found out is, that everything works without problems, if I never have installed the old mediabox 1 before. But if I deinstall the old plugin and install the mediabox 2 it seems to cause the problem again. Can it be, that something stays in the database or somewhere else which causes the problem?

Ryan
What I found out is, that everything works without problems, if I never have installed the old mediabox 1 before. But if I deinstall the old plugin and install the mediabox 2 it seems to cause the problem again. Can it be, that something stays in the database or somewhere else which causes the problem?

Any issue here would most likely only be caused by your browser cache. Please clear your browser cache after upgrading to JCE MediaBox 2.

Ryan Demmer

Visioner
That does'n solve the problem. It is the problem! If I clear the cache the image dissapears, till I refresh the browser again. And that's in all browsers the same!

Visioner
If I set the zoom icon to "no" it's working. But like I said, only if I had the mediabox 1 installed before.