You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

#100047 Image manager - selected image not in URL field after upload

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by bytekultur on Saturday, 15 June 2019 23:25 BST

bytekultur
I am using JCE for a long time now, it's still our favourite editor. One thing that clients stumble upon - especially those who have a larger group uploading their own images - is the fact that an image, if uploaded, has a tick on the name (marked as selected) but the URL is not appearing. They don't look at the URL field but only at the selected state of the uploaded image and therefore don't understand why they cannot insert the image yet.

Is there any way to avoid that by either not marking the image as selected or always add the URL of the image to the image URL field above?

bytekultur
Here a screenshot to show the state after upload

Attachments

Ryan
I think you are right. The selected image should be inserted into the URL field (if it is currently empty) when single images are uploaded.

I will look into adding this in the next update.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

bytekultur
Thank you, great to know. It will be an improvement appreciated by many of our clients. I get the developer's point of view behind not adding it directly (because of the multiple files option) but the user doesn't ;-)

Ryan
It looks like quite a few changes are going to be needed to implement this, therefore requiring a lot of testing, so this will only be available in JCE 2.8.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

bytekultur
Thank you for the update. I appreciate the quality of JCE which I'm sure is to a certain extent thanks to the thorough testing of new features, so take your time, we will be happy when it's there and we can avoid core hacks.