You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#99983 how do i make the righ and left margin bigger?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 20 May 2019 16:25 BST

[email protected]
My margins are small, which make the text look weird going across a long page. It's very noticeable as people are use to use the standard page width in MS office. Is there a way to make page smaller?

I want to make the white space area marked in red to be bigger. I want there to be more white space.

2) Is there a way that I can format the text to not go all the way across the page, without doing a hard line break? I can do the line break but the resizing won't be formatted nicely on mobile. When it uses the responsive feature, the text wrapping won't be formatted nicely on the same line. The text will be broken up and/or may even skip a line. The second link is for this question.

Are there other text formatting options that I can add to the text formatting tool bar to allow me to do more text formatting? The JCE editor is very restrictive, it can't even do columns!

Thanks,
Louis

Ryan
I want to make the white space area marked in red to be bigger. I want there to be more white space.

This is something that should really be done in your template, and not on a per-article basis, but you can try adding a container div to the article with the "uk-container" class. This will add a 40px right and left padding.

You will need to do this in the Code tab, eg:

[video]

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.