You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#99963 Where to disable the code and the preview Tab?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by wdburgdorf on Friday, 16 August 2019 08:37 BST

galbur
Hi

I try to find a way to disable the "code" and the "preview" Tab.

Regards
Christoph

galbur
Hi

Sorry for the interruption. I found it under editor profiles > features & Layouts > additional Layouts.

Best regards
Christoph

wdburgdorf
Hi,

I'd like to remove the Preview and Editor tabs, too. When I uncheck Preview Tab under Additional Features, it is automatically rechecked on save.
Bug or feature?

Regards,
Ralf

Ryan
When I uncheck Preview Tab under Additional Features, it is automatically rechecked on save.

I'm not seeing this in my tests. Which version of the editor do you have installed?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

wdburgdorf
J! 3.9.11, JCE 2.7.15

I looked at the checkbox in dev tools and found lots of event listeners attached to it. JCE is still using mootools?
Anyway, removing those listeners didn't make a difference either.
All other checkboxes are working fine, only the Preview Tab is zombied.

Ryan
I looked at the checkbox in dev tools and found lots of event listeners attached to it. JCE is still using mootools?

No, but Joomla still does.

Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

wdburgdorf
I use a plugin to remove mootools, I only see it loaded on the JCE profile pages. When removing the mootools files, the profile menu disappears. Therefore it seemed to me, that JCE still needed mootools ...

Login sent.

Thank you!

EDIT: Checked again, mootools is actually stil present in other places, too. Bummer.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.7.16 RC6 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

You could wait for the release tomorrow, but it would be good to know if this fixes the issue (I think it will)

Ryan Demmer

wdburgdorf
Yes, that does it, thanks!

wdburgdorf
But now I have new issue, don't know if it's directly related:

Switching the editor fails. Since it is happening both in the FE as the BE, I do think it's related ...

EDIT: Installed 2.7.15 again, switch working. What happend before: I could switch from full editor to code, but when clicking again, the editor disappeared completely.

Ryan
Switching the editor fails. Since it is happening both in the FE as the BE, I do think it's related ...

I have identified and fixed this issue for the JCE Pro 2.7.16 release.

Ryan Demmer

wdburgdorf
Installed it, looking all good now, thanks!