You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#99539 H3 under a paragraph cause a bug ?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Chacapamac on Tuesday, 23 April 2019 14:17 BST

Chacapamac
If you have an H3 under a paragraph it seem to cause a bugs to JCE (but the code is correct?) Look at the image below. You can see the paragraph and the h3 below. Everything is OK — Remark I put a letter (1) between the two If I take out the letter (1) I get this: The code of both are identical:

<p class="cogs"><strong>Une fois ses informations acquises Graf vous donne une approximation du coût et du temps nécessaire à la construction.</strong><br />•<br /><strong>Si vous êtes satisfait, nous pouvons passer à l’étape 2 </strong></p>
After becoming Weird, I cannot edit the class cogs paragraph. I cannot insert the cursor and we can see that the h3 seem to contain the paragraph now?

Attachments

Ryan
In the Editor Global Configuration, what do you have set for Container Element and Enter Key?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Chacapamac
Container Element = No Container & Linebreak on Enter

Ryan
I am not able to reproduce this. Which browser are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Chacapamac
I try in Firefox Dev edition, Safari & Chrome I made more test in a simplified page to be sur no html error in the page is responsible. This is my code

<p class="orange">A paragraph</p>
<h1>heading 1</h1>
Remark that the class="orange" is added in my custom ice-editor.css to have a better preview in the editor If I take out 123 and the code become

<p class="orange">A paragraph</p>
<br />
<h1>heading 1</h1>
If I take out the class="orange" for class="myclass" (That doesn't exist in my ice-editor.cssNo problem????

<p class="myclass">A paragraph</p>
<br />
<h1>heading 1</h1>
If I replace the class="myclass" for class="orange" the problem come back

Attachments

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.7.12 Beta 3 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Clear your browser cache after installing.

Ryan Demmer

Chacapamac
It seem to work better, I have to put 3 to 4 <br /> between the 2 elements and delete the <br /> after. If not, I get the same joining effect.

Just a question, when you edit inside a paragraph, do you have a way to exit the cursor out of the <p> easily ?

Chacapamac
I see something weird with my paragraphs.
If you look at the following image, you see, in blue the div.element-spacer.
This div contain only a   and curiously the div seem to penetrate inside the paragraph ???

Not sure...., I’m trying to css elements to not overlap without success so far.

I wonder, if it’s not the cause of the problem ?

Attachments

Chacapamac
I add clear:both to the div to fix that. A case of border collapsing between element ?