You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#99441 Have to manually insert breaks in a text

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 17 April 2019 19:10 BST

A.Machado
Hello, I'm using the latest version and I can't insert breaks or make paragraphs just by clicking Enter. I have to manually insert breaks in the code.
Can you help? Thank you

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
I have created a test article on your site, and created multiple paragraphs - using Enter - and a linebreak in a paragraph - using SHIFT + Enter.

Ryan Demmer

A.Machado
Hi Ryan,
thank you. Still. If I wish to leave a blank space between lines, and hit Enter or SHIFT + Enter twice, I still get a condensed text with no breaks between the lines, making it not so pleasant for readers. That's why I end up inserting the <br> tags manually.

Ryan
Ok, I can see what you are referring to in some of your articles.

The best way to solve this is not with an additional linebreak, but by adding a margin style to paragraphs. I see your template already includes this, but JCE needed a little bit of configuration to correctly load your template stylesheet into the editor.

I have done this for you on your site, and now the editor content matches your front-end content a little better, and paragraphs include spacing between them.

Ryan Demmer