You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Tuesday, 26 February 2019
  15 Replies
  14.3K Visits
Hello JCE-Team!

Since the last Update to JCE 2.6.36 (Pro) we have a strange behavior in linking to an article using the existing menu structure.
When choosing the menu point, it loads all existing articles, instead of just the appropriate ones.

Please see:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R2Q-qvMtj2bk3gC_O3eoWnwxAbApy83P/view
JCE shows always the same articles although they are, in reality, not connected to those menu points

It always loads the full article list and does not differ if those articles are linked to the highlighted menu point.

As we have a number of articles, it is quite painful to go through the whole list for finding one specific.

We did not encounter this problem before update. I am happy to provide you with any information needed and could setup a test environment.

We would be happy for your thoughts and assistance on the matter...
more than a month ago
·
Since the last Update to JCE 2.6.36 (Pro) we have a strange behavior in linking to an article using the existing menu structure.

Which version did you upgrade from?

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
Hello Ryan,

I think we had version 2.6.33 installed, but I am not sure. I'm installing a backup locally as we speak, so I can confirm in about an hour... yes, the site is quite big and it needs some resources to install the backup.

I'll confirm as soon as possible.

Edit: Yes, it was 2.6.33 before update and I just confirmed with the editors, the above mentioned problem did not occur with the 2.6.33 version.
more than a month ago
·
Edit: Yes, it was 2.6.33 before update and I just confirmed with the editors, the above mentioned problem did not occur with the 2.6.33 version.

I can see where a change in the relevant code occurred in an update after 2.6.33, but I can't reproduce the issue in any tests.

An option was added in 2.6.34 to show unpublished items in the link tree. Do you have that option enabled in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Link?

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/98359-linking-to-articles-shows-all-articles-not-mulitlingual.jpg

more than a month ago
·
Hello Ryan,

I can confirm this setting for all profiles. I even put "Show unpublished" to "Yes", saved and reverted it again with no change in behavior.
Besides, I checked some of the articles in the list and they are published. :(

I'm open to any other suggestion.
more than a month ago
·

more than a month ago
·
Hello Ryan,
Sorry for the late reply. I had to create a GDPR conform test environment. I sent you the login to the site.

Please bear in mind that any modification should be documented as I have to adjust it on the live site afterwards.

Thanks!
more than a month ago
·
The test site is running Joomla 3.6.5. Is there any particular reason you are not using the latest version?

more than a month ago
·
Hi Ryan,
as mentioned on the form where I submitted the login informarion, we are at an impar with the subscription component. This vital piece of our site is abandonware and we are planing to migrate to another solution which is quite problematic.

At the moment we have to stick with this Joomla version or we will loose all subscribed users and, subsequently, the income to mantain the site. :(
more than a month ago
·
The problem here is that I can't determine whether this issue is with this old version of Joomla or not, as I am unable to reproduce this in JCE Pro with Joomla 3.9.x

more than a month ago
·
I have now tested JCE Pro 2.6.36 Joomla 3.6.5 with the default "Learn Joomla" content, and I am unable to reproduce the issue.

I am however seeing a similar issue on your site when using the Joomla Article button at the bottom of the editor. Can you confirm this?

more than a month ago
·
No, as per my investigation (see https://drive.google.com/file/d/16HOS0BKwa3GWQvoW_8P3bwF5Yg37Gero/view ) the Joomla article button, when chossing the right category, works as expected.

I hope you are refering to this function, right?
more than a month ago
·
Please try JCE Pro 2.6.38 beta 1 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development/item/jce-pro-dev

I have successfully tested this on the site you provided a login for.

more than a month ago
·
https://media.tenor.co/images/d9c2ecddc46604d75dd58151ed415ffa/raw

That did the trick and I already implemented it at the live site. I hope it wasn't a problem on our side?

Anyway, thanks so much, Ryan!
more than a month ago
·
That did the trick and I already implemented it at the live site. I hope it wasn't a problem on our side?

Joomla versions before 3.6 don't have a query method that JCE 2.6.34+ was using to get the article list under certain conditions. This was causing all articles to be displayed, regardless of category.

I have corrected this, and the fix will be included in the next JCE 2.6.38 release.

Please note that JCE Pro 2.7.0 will require the latest Joomla version.

more than a month ago
·
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for clarifying!

I hope we can get the migration done this year as we will need some outside help, which is very hard to find. Until then we will stay with 2.6.x version.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!