You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

  1. cjanson
  2. JCE Editor
  3. Tuesday, 18 September 2018
I use JCE editor for a joomla site (PHP 7.1.21, Joomla! 3.8.12, template jootheme pro) and suddenly the visual editor does not load anymore.
When i create a new article i see the spinning wheel for a second,and then nothing (see attached printscreen) When i open an existing article with text i only see the text for a split second.

I purchased and installed the pro version because i thought it might help but it does not.

Tiny mce does work, but i am used to JCE.
I tried chrome, firefox, and Edge. I tried making a new profile, and various setings. No result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kind regards
Christien
Attachments (1)
References
  1. https://unifit.nl
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Have you installed a JCE Language Pack?
Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Yes, i use the dutch language pack.

JCE has always worked fine until it stopped yesterday.. I have the impression that it stopped with the last update. It is just is suddenly not able to start the (java? javascript?) element that does make everything visible. Could it be a permissions issue?

The issues that looks most like mine that i found is this one:
https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum/94914-jce-won-t-show-in-articles-or-anyother-place

I tried the following:

  • a different laptop
  • a new user
    a new jce editor profile
    new settings for default editor
    deinstalling the last version and installing the version before that ( 2631 instead of 2632)
    removing the filter settings


I also checked the file permissions for my site.

suggestions?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 2
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 3
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
i contacted my host because i thought it was a file security problem, and indeed it was. I added through an seo tool some redirect lines, which caused the problem.
Their answer:

The issue was caused by the HTTP redirect present in your .htaccess file

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^unifit.nl [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.unifit.nl/$1 [L,R=301]


I replaced it with:

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^unifit.nl [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.unifit.nl/$1 [L,R=301]
  1. more than a month ago
  2. JCE Editor
  3. # 4
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!