You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Tuesday, 15 May 2018
  4 Replies
  16.6K Visits
I am so sure this has been asked before however seems I get so many hits that finding the article in question is somewhat difficult.

I bought the pro version so could edit in HTML direct from the Joomla backend, however, seems this is only a partial editor? and before people screaming I been playing with various simple HTML editors such as notpad++ and coffee cup, so I'm not looking for anything fancy, is there something equivalent for Joomla backend,

I have 2 issues specifically:
- Like to use an HTML editor that behaves like an HTML editor
- is it possible to free flow HTML, PHP etc, into an article, I currently use Regular Labs <code> insert tool, but this is getting very clumsy.

I have followed various articles to allow such code without being munged and that seems to work however the HTML is still not be displayed as expected even when I use the code JCE code tab, I strongly suspect I'm missing something but no idea what!

Possible for some kind soul to advise me...
more than a month ago
·
JCE Pro provides a basic HTML, Javascript and CSS editor via the Code tab, which includes syntax highlighting, simple code formatting and tag closing.

Because of how Joomla processes article content, PHP code cannot be executed in articles. A tool like Regular Labs Sourcerer is required to include php code in articles.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
Thank you for the response:

so is there better HTML editor, the two big issues I have is:

1) Formatting or lack of it with JCE, it just swishes every up when saved or viewed.
2) I still have issues running HTML within article unless I'm using the Regular Labs Sourcerer
more than a month ago
·
1) Formatting or lack of it with JCE, it just swishes every up when save or viewed.

Formatting in the Code editor is done by adding extra whitespace - tabs, spaces, newlines etc. This is not retained when saving the content.

2) I till have issues running HTML within article unless I'm using the Regular Labs Sourcerer

What HTML are you not able to save in the editor?

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
Thank you, Ryan, very helpful answers

Answer 1, will give that a go.
Answer 2, I will get back tomorrow after a few tests, so I can answer with verifiable details.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!