You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Saturday, 20 January 2018
  6 Replies
  6.7K Visits
When will JCE Editor support footer and cite tags?? Would like to add those to a document from the "Format" dropdown. In fact, when will the JCE editor support all the HTML5 semantic markup tags?
more than a month ago
·
Will the JCE editor also support the <q> tag in the "Format" dropdown going forward, since it seems HTML5 semantic markup is now required by the search engines? I would like an easy way to bracket quoted text with <q>…</q>.
more than a month ago
·
I will look at adding footer, cite etc. in a future update, but until then you can create "Custom Styles" for the Styles list, that can create the markup you are looking for - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/tutorials/editor/creating-custom-styles

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
Thank you, that bit of information made it clear.

for
<footer><cite>Some Citaton</cite>Some Author</footer>
I ceate a custon template and just click and insert that at the cursor.

for
<q>some quotation</q>
I will try the method you described by creating a custom style that adds the tag.

This is the CSS I created for the 'q' tag which is the reason that I want to be able to easily bracket a selection of text with open and closing 'q' tags; enforces correct quotation form even if the user doesn't know grammar:

/* for four levels of nested quotations */
q {
background-color: #fafcff; font-style:italic;
quotes: '“' '”' '‘' '’' '“' '”' '‘' '’';
}
/* extra content definitions for pre-2011 WebKit */
q:before {content: '“'; content: open-quote;}
q:after {content: '”'; content: close-quote;}
q q:before {content: '‘'; content: open-quote;}
q q:after {content: '’'; content: close-quote;}
q q q:before {content: '“'; content: open-quote;}
q q q:after {content: '”'; content: close-quote;}
q q q q:before {content: '‘'; content: open-quote;}
q q q q:after {content: '’'; content: close-quote;}
/* q in blockquote */
blockquote q:before {content: '‘'; content: open-quote;}
blockquote q:after {content: '’'; content: close-quote;}
blockquote q q:before {content: '“'; content: open-quote;}
blockquote q q:after {content: '”'; content: close-quote;}
blockquote q q q:before {content: '‘'; content: open-quote;}
blockquote q q q:after {content: '’'; content: close-quote;}
blockquote q q q q:before {content: '“'; content: open-quote;}
blockquote q q q q:after {content: '”'; content: close-quote;}
more than a month ago
·
I get the following when using custom Styles in Plugin Parameters to create a style I called :Inline Quotes" that inserts <q>…</q> tags to selected text when editing.

<q>The filmmakers lay a foundation from the</q> spirit of the fire service<q> and the history of high rise fires that speaks to firefighters & laypeople alike.</q>

This ends up looking like: “The filmmakers lay a foundation from the” spirit of the fire service“ and the history of high rise fires that speaks to firefighters & laypeople alike.”

What your function appears to be doing is paring the line and finding and open q tag and setting a something like foundOpenQuote variable and then continuing to parse and then finds another open q tag and dutifully closes the first tag at the point in the line where the second open quote tag should have been inserted and then adds another open quote tag at the end of the selection and continues parsing and sees the final closing q tag and makes no further changes.

What the markup should end up looking like is:

<q>The filmmakers lay a foundation from the <q>spirit of the fire service</q> and the history of high rise fires that speaks to firefighters & laypeople alike.</q>

This would look like: “The filmmakers lay a foundation from the ‘spirit of the fire service’ and the history of high rise fires that speaks to firefighters & laypeople alike.” after the CSS is applied.

What I would like to see is a <footer> tag, <cite> tag and <q> tag in the selection of available tags in the Format Select Plugin so they can be available to the "Format" drop down, so that I can add <footer> and <cite> at the bottom of <blockquote> and so that I can nest <q> tags to at least four levels to ensure that articles on our site are always properly quoted.

I wanted to add for all who view this comment that the JoomlaContentEditor is a very powerful editor and makes creating very compelling and beautiful documents almost a joy. What am addressing here is a minor wrinkle, but a wrinkle that professional writers would want addressed.
more than a month ago
·
I will be adding header, footer and nav to the Format list in the next update.

<cite> is already available via the Citation dialog.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/94797-complete-semantic-markup-support-1.gif

Unfortunately I don't think the Tinymce formatting engine is able to accommodate nested <q> tags like you required. I will continue to experiment with the available settings to see if there is a workaround for this.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
Thank you for the thorough reply.

We don't get this kind of response when asking Google, Facebook or Microsoft for help.

Being able to nest q tags is important for writers, however and is also important for semantic markup; "…" is not the same as “…”. It is also proper for nested quotes to look like “…‘…’…” instead of b]"…"…"…"[/b] Not only that, the search engines will recognize text inside q tags as a quoted item and return that when someone is looking for quotes by famous people for instance. So quoting by hand is not as SEO friendly as using the q tag.

Never-the-less I understand that you have to work with the TinyMCE engine; so thanks any way, at least I know my limitations and if others ask, I can say there is no solution for that right now, but sometime in the future we may be able to nest q tags.

The JCE editor is still the most powerful editor available for Joomla.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!