You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108157 JCE 2.9.9 removes atribute from image tag

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Krki on Friday, 25 June 2021 17:07 BST

Krki
Hello
I noticed that JCE 2.9.9 pro removes this attribute from image tag: group="gallery"
When I open some older articles it strips it as well, so it's not on save.
If I turn off editor after page article save or page refresh it auto tuns editor on.
Steps to reproduce: Turn editor off by pressing power button, refresh page, editor will be turned on again.
After reverting to 2.9.8 it works OK again, without stripping attribute
Joomla 3.9.27, Filtering off, Allowing all code block types in JCE profiles
Regards

Ryan
I noticed that JCE 2.9.9 pro removes this attribute from image tag: group="gallery"
When I open some older articles it strips it as well, so it's not on save.

The attribute is removed because "group" is not a valid attribute for the tag. The attribute would be removed in JCE Pro 2.9.8 as well as in 2.9.9 because the validation has not changed in the update.

If I turn off editor after page article save or page refresh it auto tuns editor on.
Steps to reproduce: Turn editor off by pressing power button, refresh page, editor will be turned on again.

I'm not able to reproduce this. In the Editor Global Configuration, is the Use Cookies option set to Yes?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Krki
Hi
- Use cookies is set to Yes
Im now on v 2.9.8 because I dont want JCE to strip group atribute.
I need to have group="blah", unstriped because I'm using regularlabs modals with Autoconvert option on.
This plugins wraps all images with class="modal" with code for modal popup and group attribute is needed to groupping images in one gallery with prev next arrows.
Regards

Ryan
Im now on v 2.9.8 because I dont want JCE to strip group atribute.
I need to have group="blah", unstriped because I'm using regularlabs modals with Autoconvert option on.

Ok, I don't understand this because there is no reason why 2.9.9 should remove the attribute when 2.9.8 doesn't.

Can you send me a login? - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Krki
Hi
Will do it next week. I'm done for today - it's weekend time now 🙂
Regards