You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#108086 Joomla 4 RC2

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by phil.davies56 on Thursday, 13 January 2022 14:59 GMT

martenj52
Hello,

Did some testing around Joomla 4 environment today. In Pre-Update check, JCE was marked as potentially problematic. However I did the migration and there were no problems. I tested the editor from the new environment, opening articles etc. and everything seemed to work fine. Even the custom css files I had added for rendering template classes (Gantry 5) worked.

But when I went to the JCE Control panel, clicked on Editor profiles and then the active profile, I got:

1264 Out of range value for column 'checked_out' at row 1

Thought you'd like to know.

So far I can't enter any of the profiles' configuration.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.9 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

martenj52
I tried the beta version (Joomla RC4 now) but still got the same problem/error. Everything else works alright, including the older Mediabox plugin.

Ryan
In Pre-Update check, JCE was marked as potentially problematic.

This seems to just highlight any non-core system plugin installed, not any with an actual problem, ie: it's not a proper compatability check.

I tried the beta version (Joomla RC4 now) but still got the same problem/error.

I'm still not able to reproduce this. Can you try uninstalling and re-installing JCE Pro?

Ryan Demmer

Bonefishno
I have the same problem. Tried to uninstall og install version 2.9.11 but i still got this error message when i try to edit a profile or create a new profile.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Bonefishno
Login is sendt now.

Ryan
I have fixed this on your site with an install of JCE Pro 2.9.12 Beta - Please try JCE Pro 2.9.12 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

bytekultur
I have the same issue, tried to install the latest development version (2.9.18) but it still remains. JCE was installed and defined as sitewide editor, configuration is out-of-the-box.

Thanks for help!

Ryan
@bytekultur - What JCE version were you using when you migrated from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4?

Ryan Demmer

phil.davies56
I get this same error as well, I only noticed as I was trying to get work out why I couldn't see the columns button in the editor, but when I went into the default profile I got the 1264 Out of range value for column 'checked_out' at row 1 error message and that is with the JCE Pro 2.9.18 and the JCE Pro 2.9.19 Beta 7 I've tried both and get the same error message.

Ryan
This should have been fixed in the install routine for JCE Pro 2.9.18, but might have failed for some reason.

Please try the following:

1. Download and install JCE Pro 2.9.17 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro.
  2. Download and install JCE Pro 2.9.18 (or the 2.9.19 Beta).

Does this fix the issue?

Ryan Demmer

phil.davies56
Thanks Ryan yes that fixed the problem 😃