You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#107923 Can't create "New Article" or open "Global Configuration."

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by kimhuff on Wednesday, 26 May 2021 03:22 BST

kimhuff
I updated my 20 websites with the latest version of Joomla today. All worked fine except for one website, www.tribooking.com.

For some reason, I'm unable to create a "New Article" using the button on the control panel page. I opened Articles, which did work, but I received the same HTTP 500 error.

I checked out my error.log file under public_html/administrator and I saw the following error.

[26-May-2021 00:15:40 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/XXXXX/public_html/administrator/components/com_jce/helpers/browser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXXXX/public_html/plugins/system/jce/jce.php on line 19

I thought maybe I should select a different editor and see what happens so I clicked on Global Configuration and got the same HTTP 500 error. I believe the below error was logged for the GC page while the one above was for the NA page. But, I tried both pages several times and I'm not sure which error was for the "New Article" and which one was for "Global Configuration."

[26-May-2021 00:15:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/XXXXX/public_html/administrator/components/com_jce/helpers/browser.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/XXXXX/public_html/plugins/system/jce/jce.php on line 19

I don't think I updated JCE for this site, but I'm not positive; after you do four or five, they all become a blur. Lol

Do you have any idea what could be causing this issue and do you have any idea how to fix it?

Thank you for your time.

Kim

kimhuff
Please disregard this post. The only reason why I didn't delete the post was just in case someone else had the same issue.

I downloaded the latest JCE package from your website and reinstalled it and it now everythjng works!

Sorry to have bothered you. Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

Kim