You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#107822 Layout of profile settings

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 27 May 2021 13:18 BST

hauptstadtboy
The contents of the last Parameters Tab of the Profile settings are always under all setings of the recent Tab

The Tab "Plugin Parameters" does not work. (because its content is on all Pages of other TABS)
Tested with all actual Browsers.
Latest JCE

Regards Mikel

Attachments

Ryan
Do you have the latest version of the German language pack installed? - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/languages/editor/de-de

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

hauptstadtboy
Hi Ryan,
i have just installed the latest German language pack end everything is OK now.

Many Thanks!

By the way: the Figure feature does not work as shown in the Video: I do not see the dotted lines around the Image and the caption and entered text is normal text under that Image. It is also not possible to remove the Format - it removes the figcaption, but not the figure tag.
As i use always the conventional method with the build in function, this does not hurt much..

regards
Mikel

Ryan
I do not see the dotted lines around the Image

The dotted lines will display when you have the Block Elements option enabled in the editor toolbar.

...the caption and entered text is normal text under that Image

What do you mean by the "normal text"? The text will display as styled by your template stylesheet.

It is also not possible to remove the Format - it removes the figcaption, but not the figure tag.

is the image selected when you toggle the Figure option?

Ryan Demmer

hauptstadtboy
Hello Ryan,
sorry for the delay!
by playing around with the new function, I figured out that everything works fine.
Except one thing: I cannot remove remove the figure tag other than removing it in the Code editor manually.

Regards
Mikel

Ryan
Except one thing: I cannot remove remove the figure tag other than removing it in the Code editor manually.

It should be removed if you select the image, then select Figure from the Format list, in the same was as when you applied it.

Ryan Demmer

hauptstadtboy
Hi Ryan,
The way You describe for removing the figure tag does work with other Entries like Headers and so on, but not with figure.
My idea is, that it belongs to my extended template CSS i have included to the editor.

Regards
Mikel

Ryan
This is working fine for me on the demo site (see below) - https://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net

Do you have the same issue with removing the Figure on the demo site?

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/107822-layout-of-profile-settings.gif

Ryan Demmer

hauptstadtboy
HI Ryan,

On Your demo Site i have figured out, that tag removing does not work on the first time, but mostly (not always) the second time. so i went to my back-end and tried the same. In my site i have to use more try: it removes after 4-5 attempts

Regards Mikel

Ryan
Which browser are you using?

Ryan Demmer

hauptstadtboy
Hi Ryan,
I did the test with Windows 10 Edge.
Tomorrow I can test Firefox and chrome, witch I have installed also.

Regards
Mikel

hauptstadtboy
Hi Ryan,

i have tested all my three Browsers: Chrome, edge, and Firefox.
Firefox woks exact as it should on Your Test Site, and on my site!

Both, Chrome and Edge, perform as described above: your Test Site removes the tag mostly the second time, my site sometimes the third or more Times.
As Chrome and Edge use the same kernel, this is not surprising.

Hint: on both Chromium Browsers the Cursor jumps to the beginning of the text, when trying to remove, whiles in Firefox it remains on its position, and only the tag will be removed.

I remember, that i have, jears ago, experienced the Jump of cursor position, and found a solution somewhere in the net. But its long ago, and my brain has deleted some information since then - i am a pensioner meanwhile...

Best Regards
Mikel

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.8 RC - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer