You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#107291 Copy and paste Word document in a JCE window

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by sdh13 on Tuesday, 06 April 2021 08:20 BST

sdh13
Hi
I did not find the right way to copy and paste text from a Word document to JCE editor ; each time I loose all the fonts as well as the spacing between lines.
Is there a way to be able to keep fonts and styles from a word document when we copy it to JCE?

Best Regards

Loys

Attachments

Ryan
Is there a way to be able to keep fonts and styles from a word document when we copy it to JCE?

In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Clipboard, set Remove All Styles to No.

Please note that Word creates a new paragraph when you press Enter, and so this is carried through when pasting into the editor. In your example, assuming it is a poem, the spacing between each stanza is created by pressing Enter twice, creating an empty paragraph. By default, JCE will remove these empty paragraphs when you paste from Word. You can prevent this by setting Remove Empty Paragraphs to No.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

sdh13
Thanks a lot for the answer ; with your advices, I am able to easily cut and paste Word documents in my joomla articles.

sdh13