You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#107185 JCE Media field: Cannot select large files

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by rian on Monday, 22 March 2021 09:57 GMT

rian
Hello,
I created a JCE Media custom field and I cannot select very large files with it, they are just not listed, although they are present in the directory. it is a 3.3 gb file, that I can select as download file in j2store, but in the jce media field i can not. Why?

Ryan
Whaat type of file is it?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

rian
It's a mp4. I just discovered that the joomla core media manager also does not display this file, only the file selector in j2store shows. I suspect that it might have something to do with the server, which is running PHP in 32bit!

Ryan
I created a JCE Media custom field and I cannot select very large files with it

When you created the Media JCE field, did you set the Media Type option to "files"?

Ryan Demmer

rian
yes, and I can see the other mp4s, and now that it is reduced to a file size under 2GB it shows. there seems to be some kind of limit with files over 2 something GB

Ryan
I don't have any issue on my test system with an 8gb zip file, so I assume thet the problem may be server-side. There area apparently some issues with files > 2gb on 32bit systems.

Ryan Demmer

rian
thank you, I ordered the hosting upgrade, which will take place tonight. let's see what happens tomorrow