You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#107142 Quick Media - a dropdown input doesn't wotk

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 02 November 2022 14:10 GMT

nastrychu
Hello :-)

I've decided to buy the JCE Pro due to the possibility to add quickly Facebook's posts.
According to this information:

adding the Facebook link there:

I can easily embed Facebook stuff. So, I'm trying to embed this link: https://www.facebook.com/teatrosmegodnia/videos/430229944756993/
but FF says:

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

Ryan
It does look like now that Facebook no longer allows direct embedding of videos using an iframe, as the video urls I used to test with, are also no longer working.

I will investigate further and see if there is a workaround, otherwise the feature will need to be removed.

Alternatively you should be able to get the embed code from facebook for the video, and paste it into the editor - https://www.facebook.com/help/1570724596499071

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

nastrychu
Hi :-)
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I've used the "iframe" approach

It would be great to know what you will investigate.

Best wishes :-)
Natalia

Ryan
It would be great to know what you will investigate.

Unfortunately there is not much chance of this feature re-appearing. Facebook now require a developer app token for retrieving embed information, so you will need to embed posts, videos etc. using the iframe method.

Ryan Demmer

DaveOzric
Hi Ryan, I have a site that I do not want to use this new feature. I need to add links to videos that are not to be shown on my site. How can I disable this from adding the video code into my editor when pasting a video link from Vimeo, etc?

Thank you

DaveOzric
I think I found it, it's on a profile-by-profile basis though. That's OK but can it be turned off globally?

Ryan
That's OK but can it be turned off globally?

No. All plugin parameters are set on a profile-by-profile basis.

Ryan Demmer

stimpy
The same accounts for Instagram. This doesn't seem to work as well.

Ryan
[quotePost id="112205"]The same accounts for Instagram. This doesn't seem to work as well.[/quotePost]

Instagram and Facebook are not supported because of their API usage requirements.

Ryan Demmer