You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106940 Problem with ascii code

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by patvb on Saturday, 27 February 2021 15:38 GMT

patvb
I am using JCE editor as my default and if I tap on the spacebar twice, a space symbol appears in the code. Which is fine, but it also appears on the text box in my JCalPro calendar. I asked Joomlashack to look into it, and they are saying it is your editor that is causing the problem, and that I need to go into the code and manually remove any spaces symbols. This is

. I just tried the tinyMCE editor and the extra spaces symbols do not appear in the box that pops up when you mouse over an event title in the calendar view. Go to: February 2021 Calendar and mouse over the February 22 event for Grand Jury meeting. The

appears scattered in the text. Click on the title, and you are taken to the full event page for the Grand Jury meeting. The extra space symbols are not there. So I am wondering if this is a JCE editor issue or a JCalPro issue. I switched to the TinyMCE editor, typed in extra spaces, and the issue was gone. I have Validate Code turned on, and Keep Nonbreaking Spaces turned on. Could that affect the text the reader of the site would see? Thanks, Pat Vanden Bosche

Ryan
I am using JCE editor as my default and if I tap on the spacebar twice, a space symbol appears in the code. Which is fine, but it also appears on the text box in my JCalPro calendar.

Additional spaces after the first, must be added as non-breaking spaces, ie: using & nbsp; This is an HTML requirement.

Also, if you are adding 2 spaces by pressing the space bar twice, why would you not expect them to show in the final content?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

patvb
I guess I wasn't clear enough, my apologies. I'm sending a screenshot that will better explain what I'm talking about. The folks at JCalPro told me it was a problem with JCE and that they too had to manually remove the ascii code after creating an event. This didn't make sense to me since this is the only extension where I've had this problem.

Have you seen this before?

Attachments

Ryan
In the Editor Global Configuration, set Keep non-breaking spaces to No.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
That said, there is a bug with this setting! 🙁

Please try JCE Pro 2.9.1 Beta 1 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Please note that removing the non-breaking space characters will mean that the additional spaces are not rendered by the browser when the content is displayed.

Ryan Demmer

patvb
I downloaded the beta version, but it still shows the space symbol   shows after editing the event using the new JCE editor. Turning off spaces is not really a good solution since there are many times I want to show spacing that can't be achieved any other way. JCalPro is the only extension where this is a real problem.

Ryan
Does this only happen in the mouseover / tooltip content?

Ryan Demmer

patvb
Yes.

Ryan
This is not a JCE issue but an issue in the way in which JCalPro processes the tooltip content for display. It illw need to be addressed by JCalPro.

Ryan Demmer

patvb
Ok, thank you. I'm going to push this back to JCalPro. Is there anything in particular that I should tell them?