You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#106800 Tag marked non-editable

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by iorbita on Tuesday, 16 February 2021 10:56 GMT

iorbita
Hello, this is the layout that users have to fill in front-end.

<p></p>
<hr id="system-readmore" />
<section class="row">
	<div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6 cinema-det">
		<p><span class="mceNonEditable">Tech:</span></p>
		<p><span class="mceNonEditable">History:</span></p>
	  <p><span class="mceNonEditable">Organisational structure:</span></p>
		<p><span class="mceNonEditable">Editorial line:</span></p>
	</div>
	<div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6 cinema-det">
		<p><span class="mceNonEditable">Regularity:</span></p>
		<p><span class="mceNonEditable">Other stuff:</span></p>
		<p><span class="mceNonEditable">Publicity:</span></p>
		<p><span class="mceNonEditable">Audience:</span></p>
		<p><span class="mceNonEditable">Funding:</span></p>
	</div>
</section>
I inserted a "mceNonEditable" class at <span> tag, so that text inside span tag will not inadvertently deleted, the problem is that it's not possible to insert text after <span> tag ... how to avoid this ? Off topic: how do you avoid empty space when creating a new article? https://www.evernote.com/l/AAFcVVjIhc1Ijo1vspzumHFCb2aXlSwI6oAB/image.png Many thanks, Lorenzo

Ryan
Which browser are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

iorbita
I'm using Firefox, I tried with Chrome but in Chrome another problem appeared: the cursor is inserted after the paragraph, the cursor must be inside the paragraph ...

iorbita
Hi,
... do you think have a solution to this issue, if not I will take another approach ...

Thanks again,

Lorenzo

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.3 Beta 7 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Be sure to clear you browser cache after install.

Ryan Demmer

iorbita
... the problem is solved for Firefox and for the first problem, but now I have the same problem as for Chrome in Firefox, ie the cursor is placed after the <p> tag.
Also, if I go to “code” tab and then go back to “editor” tab, the cursor moves to the beginning of the line ...

Here a short screencast to illustrate the problem: http://u.pc.cd/KEbctalK

Ryan
Ok, the position of the cursor when you go into the Code tab is not an indication of where the cursor is in the Editor tab. These are 2 different editor libraries, and it's not possible a the moment to normalize the cursors of the 2 editors The second issue with the cursor jumping to the beginning of the line is something I will look into - it will probably have to be placed at the end of the line, inside the parent block element (in this case the paragraph)

Ryan Demmer

iorbita
Ok, thanks for your explanations.
As you said, I would like when the user clicks in the paragraph block the cursor is inside the paragraph.

Thanks again,

Lorenzo

Ryan
As you said, I would like when the user clicks in the paragraph block the cursor is inside the paragraph.

It is in the pargraph block when you are in the editor, you can test this by typing something and then viewing the Code tab, the text will have been typed inside the paragraph.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106800-tag-marked-non-editable.gif

Ryan Demmer

iorbita
... you are right 😉 Thanks!