You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106789 Character formatting problem in bold - URGENT

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by christianferreira on Friday, 12 February 2021 16:05 GMT

christianferreira
Hello, there is a problem with the formatting of the characters, concerning the B to put the text in bold, when you click on the B of Bold it transforms the text into uppercase and in bold, whereas it should keep the formatting shape (lowercase) and just make it bold, when do you think you can fix this? This problem already existed in the previous version. I bought the pro version, and it would be nice if it worked fine, I will hear from you soon.

Bonjour, il y a un problème de mise en forme des caractères, concernant le B pour mettre le texte en gras, quand on clic sur le B de Bold ça transforme le texte en majuscule et en gras, alors que ça devrait conservé la mise en forme (en minuscule) et juste le mettre en gras, quand pensez-vous pouvoir régler ce problème ? Ce problème existait déjà dans la précédente version. J'ai acheté la version pro, et ça serait bien que ça fonctionne correctement, j'attends de vos nouvelles rapidement.

Attachments

Ryan
This is most likely caused by a css rule in your template stylesheet, which probably hes something like:

strong {
    font-weight: bold;
    text-transform: uppercase;
}
You will need to change this in your template stylesheet, or add an alternative rule to a custom css file your template has, eg:

strong {
    text-transform: inherit;
}
Which template are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

christianferreira
Template RSCora! de https://www.rsjoomla.com

I don't understand where I should put this new code?

Ryan
You will need to speak to RSJoomla Support about that - https://www.rsjoomla.com/support.html

Ryan Demmer

christianferreira
Ok I will talk about it with rsjoomla and I will keep you posted

christianferreira
Hello,

Here is rsjoomla's response:

Hello Christian,

The same is happening on your standard Joomla! articles:

http://www.leclubdespatissiers.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_content

Edit an article, highlight some text and click the B button. You'll notice the text becoming bold and uppercase which isn't related to the template whatsoever.

Please contact your editors developers once again as we can only provide customer support which is directly related to our products.

Regards!

Ryan
Edit an article, highlight some text and click the B button. You'll notice the text becoming bold and uppercase which isn't related to the template whatsoever.
This is inaccurate. The editor formats the selected text with a <strong> tag. The template stylesheet includes the text-transform:uppercase style on the <strong> tag in the template stylesheet.

strong{text-transform: uppercase}
It's in the stylesheet for the rscora demo!!! - https://templates.rsjoomla.com/#rscora

Ryan Demmer

christianferreira
Hello again,
meanwhile rsjoomla noticed the problem with the template. Here is the answer :

Hello Christian,

After a further investigation your are indeed correct. This came from the template CSS since your editor loads its CSS within the iframe (where your editor is loaded). The template provides a custom.css file specially for such cases to override certain definitions or to add new one, though I've tried this on your website and your editor doesn't load the template's custom.css file as well.

Nevertheless, we've however further adjusted the template to no longer have this uppercase definition applied on bolded text by default. I've updated the template for you and the issue has been resolved.