You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106762 How to config userfolder in custom field ?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 10 February 2021 16:25 GMT

Tuscany
Hello !

I created some kind of directory wher user can display and edit their personal data and images.
Joomla article makes use of custom field for different data.
IMages are selected via a custom media field which points to the same folder for all users.
But useres shall save images in their very own folder and I like JCEs feature using $username to create and use a personal folder.
But whatever and wherever I insert "images/user/$username the custom field always points to "images"

$username works fine using Image Manager extended, I just cannot get the correct path into custom field

Can anybody give me instruction how to do that, or at least point me into the right direction?

Thank You !

Peter

Ryan
But whatever and wherever I insert "images/user/$username the custom field always points to "images"

$username works fine using Image Manager extended, I just cannot get the correct path into custom field

Add this to the File Directory Path in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> File Browser

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Tuscany
Thank You Ryan for Your quick response

I set File Browsers File Directory Path in Plugin Parameters to "images/user/$username"
Unfortunately this seems not to have any effect.

I added "images/user//$username" to Editor parameters -> File System
This restricts user using the file manager to their username folder, which is good.

But Custom Media Field still points to "images" to select images
"Directory" in custom field is set to "Use settings from plugin"; the Directory in "Field - Media" plugin is set to "- Use Default -"

Hopefully You can help me with this
Peter

Ryan
But Custom Media Field still points to "images" to select images
"Directory" in custom field is set to "Use settings from plugin"; the Directory in "Field - Media" plugin is set to "- Use Default -"

Are you sure this is opening the JCE File Browser? Please post a screenshot.

Ryan Demmer

Tuscany
No, I don't think it is opening the JCE File Browser.
The custom field just opens a dropdown where usually the images of the configured folder are listed
(see attachment: "Photolist" is the custom field)

What is the difference between "File Browser" and "File Manager"?

Attachments

Ryan
That is not the JCE File Browser, or any other JCE field. It appears to be part of the extension you are using to create that particular content, so you should check the parameters for that extension.

Ryan Demmer

Tuscany
OK Ryan
I understand that this is not a JCE field; in fact it is a Joomla custom field edited in frontend

I hoped that JCE could make use of Joomla custom fields

But You mentioned JCE fields! Is there another way to upload and display images at frontend by the user?
I have to add, that I am using Yootheme Pro's Dynamic Content feature to display the Joomla articles

Thank You
Peter

BTW: I was focused on frontend editing. Therfore I did not try the File Browser in Backend. It works there as expected, but I need a frontend solution.

Tuscany
I just found the "JCE File Browser (media) custom field.
Must have overseen it so long

I will now try that one - I guess this will be the solution for my problem!

Tuscany
So far this works fine - unfortunately the field supports only a single file - or have I overseen something again?
I am wondering becuase I can select multiple of the uploaded images, but only 1 gets displayed

Ryan
The Joomla Media Field and the JCE Media Field only support single files.

Ryan Demmer