You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106497 Media Manager ignores popup settings and goes to full screen

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by mberman14 on Wednesday, 27 January 2021 13:46 GMT

mberman14
I don't know if this is a bug. When I insert an image, then use Media Manager to attach a video to it and set the popup size, when I click on the image the video pops up at the set size, just as it should. But when I insert a video without an image and set the popup size, then click on the video thumbnail, it ignores the popup size and goes to full screen. When I go back into the video setting in Media Manager, the popup settings have been erased.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but because I have a lot of videos on each page, I put "#t=0.5" at the end of the url for the video and set the preload to Metadata, so that the page doesn't take so long to load.

Ryan
Please post a link to an example.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

mberman14
On this page, if you scroll down a bit, you'll see a little gold ball near the bottom. Click on it and the video pops up at its correct size.

On this page, at the bottom, you'll see a video called The English letters. Click on it and the video expands to full screen, even though I set it to pop up to the video's actual size: 640x360.

Thanks,
Matt

mberman14
BTW: Some users have reported that these videos (and not the ones attached to an image) don't expand at all, but when clicked on, just start playing at the thumbnail size. I believe these users are using Chrome (I use Safari and Firefox).

Ryan
The last one is an embedded video, not a popup.

But when I insert a video without an image and set the popup size, then click on the video thumbnail, it ignores the popup size and goes to full screen.

When creating a popup with the Media Manager, you must select something before opening the Media Manager, such as some text or an image, to apply the popup to.

Also, please consider upgrading to JCE MediaBox 2.1 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/mediabox

Ryan Demmer

mberman14
So, the video can't popup from its own thumbnail poster? I would have to create a separate jpeg of the opening screen for every video? No way around that? I have hundreds of videos on the site -- it seems like a great waste of time (not to mention space).

Thanks, I upgraded Mediabox.

Matt

Ryan
In those instances you've not actually created a popup, you've embedded the video.

The video in question also does not have a poster image specified, you are only seeing the first frame of the video.

Ryan Demmer

mberman14
Ok, well, sounds like I can't do what I'd like to do.

However, a related question. You suggested that I upgrade MediaBox, but now it seems to have lost the popup icon I had set for it and switched to another, generic one, and I can't find where to change it back -- the Popup Icon Path parameter seems to have moved or disappeared. Can you tell me how relink the popup icon that I use?

Thanks,
Matt

Ryan
You suggested that I upgrade MediaBox, but now it seems to have lost the popup icon I had set for it and switched to another, generic one, and I can't find where to change it back -- the Popup Icon Path parameter seems to have moved or disappeared. Can you tell me how relink the popup icon that I use?
The new version of MediaBox uses and svg image for the popup icon, which cannot be customized in the same way as the previous icon. You can change the icon to an image of your choice using the following css, added to your template stylehseet:

.wf-icon-zoom-image svg {
    display: none;
}

.wf-icon-zoom-image {
    background: url('path/to/my_image.png') no-repeat bottom right;
}

Ryan Demmer

mberman14
Perfect -- thanks so much!